*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
You see you don't know you're born, basically you have fantastic coverage available to you.

Just saying the amount of money Sky charges and how long they've had UHD out for, HDR should be available to other sports other than just football and their bit rate should be better.

V F

V F

Soldato
Well HD plays Dolby Digital 5.1 and UHD is Dolby Digital 5.1 plus for the UHD feed for sound for the F1 and a few other sports events, but it sounds much quieter.

That's not the issue though. I don't have to ramp up the volume to 20+ watching Blu-Ray on the PS3 with no voice enhancements or dynamic range compression. Unlike Sky when you can jump from channel to channel having to turn it up +10 or -10.

Soldato
That's not the issue though. I don't have to ramp up the volume to 20+ watching Blu-Ray on the PS3 with no voice enhancements or dynamic range compression. Unlike Sky when you can jump from channel to channel having to turn it up +10 or -10.

Yeah I don't get that issue at all, all channels seems fine. For me it's just purely UHD is the quiet one.

Soldato
I know this is the SkyQ thread but wanted to ask a quick question about Superfast Broadband (60mbps)

My service goes live in a few days and I already have the Sky router that's been sent out. There is also an engineer booked - What is he actually going to do? Just plug it in to the phone line?

V F

V F

Soldato
I know this is the SkyQ thread but wanted to ask a quick question about Superfast Broadband (60mbps)

My service goes live in a few days and I already have the Sky router that's been sent out. There is also an engineer booked - What is he actually going to do? Just plug it in to the phone line?

Sky don't have engineers or anybody that visits for Broadband. That will be a visit from BT Openreach. Though, I was never aware of any engineers installing the router. That was always my side. But yeah, it'll be connected to the faceplate since you'll be on FTTC.

It's not FTTP is it?

Soldato
Sky don't have engineers or anybody that visits for Broadband. That will be a visit from BT Openreach. Though, I was never aware of any engineers installing the router. That was always my side. But yeah, it'll be connected to the faceplate since you'll be on FTTC.

It's not FTTP is it?

Not FTTP unfortunately as can't get that in my street.

I have my main phone line coming into the living room but currently have my Virgin router on the second floor. There is a phone line there but not sure if it's working. Will they be able to install it there?

I know VM install the router in whatever room you want.

V F

V F

Soldato
You can always ask the engineer if it's possible assuming it's not crazy work rerouting the cable. Which then could maybe required for another visit. Ask and see what they can do for you.

Caporegime
Sky pay Openreach for one hours work installing a phone line. If it takes longer than that chances are the Engineer will say it can’t be done and look to do the easiest install they can. Tea, biscuits and potentially even bacon rolls may be required.

Associate
My contract is up next month so I’m looking for a new deal. Tried live chat which was no good, going to call to cancel on Tuesday to cancel.

Caporegime
Yeah, really wish they'd show golf in UHD, if not only the majors, Augusta would look fantastic.
They’re limited by host broadcasters in many situations. The football they record and broadcast themselves. F1 provides UHD already. It would require the US Network, CBS I think does Masters coverage, to provide a UHD feed. I’m not sure they even do for their US viewers.

Associate
They’re limited by host broadcasters in many situations. The football they record and broadcast themselves. F1 provides UHD already. It would require the US Network, CBS I think does Masters coverage, to provide a UHD feed. I’m not sure they even do for their US viewers.

That's a shame, hopefully one day!

Maybe they could do The Open?

Back
Top Bottom