SkyHD

Soldato
Joined
24 Aug 2006
Posts
5,819
I have basic sky. £15 per mth

if I buy a skyHd box and plug it into my dish instead, will i beable to watch free hd channels, such as BBC HD?
 
Associate
Joined
1 Oct 2004
Posts
793
Location
Windsor
I believe its another subscription to receive HD channels, and that includes BBC HD channels.
 
Soldato
Joined
24 Aug 2006
Posts
5,819
Ciba said:
I believe its another subscription to receive HD channels, and that includes BBC HD channels.

so id need a new viewing card, subscription and all that?
 
Soldato
Joined
24 Aug 2006
Posts
5,819
this is one alternative

HUMAX-HDCI2000-High-Definition-Sat-Receiver-FREE-BBC-HD_W0QQitemZ290082380992QQihZ019QQcategoryZ96970QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 
Associate
Joined
1 Oct 2003
Posts
2,076
Location
Rutland
The HD box has 2 tuners for recording capabilities. To make use of that you'd need your dish fitting with a new LNB that has multiple outputs (unless you have one already) and another cable fed to the box. In theory, if you don't want the recording features, you could get away with having just 1 input.
 
Soldato
Joined
1 Dec 2006
Posts
16,577
Location
Amsterdam, NL
really not worth it imo.

just stick ya 360 in and chuckle at the muppets down at sky.

ags

EDIT* sky+ on the other hand IS worth it :D ive never looked back
 
Associate
Joined
1 Oct 2004
Posts
793
Location
Windsor
Its currently available on a trial basis on freeview as long as you live near the Crystal Palace antenna. You also have to have a HD freeview box which are only available to those on the trail.
 
Don
Joined
18 Oct 2002
Posts
41,180
Location
Notts
trojan698 said:
Any idea why? It'd be nice if it went to freeview but I can't see that happening.


apparanlty it was only ever a trial , this ends soon and they have said they will stop the service and then decide what to do long term
 
Soldato
Joined
17 Mar 2004
Posts
8,258
Rotty said:
apparanlty it was only ever a trial , this ends soon and they have said they will stop the service and then decide what to do long term

I remember you saying when I asked the same question. Its wrong that the BBC have the technology to broadcast HD which they should at the price per channel comparison vs Sky, the BBC is a complete rip off.

I think the BBC should go commercial, and scrap the monthly charge currently. Then maybe they can stop ordering a pint of larger in the Vic, and maybe order a Fosters Extra cold :p
 
Don
Joined
18 Oct 2002
Posts
41,180
Location
Notts
thepharcyde said:
I remember you saying when I asked the same question. Its wrong that the BBC have the technology to broadcast HD which they should at the price per channel comparison vs Sky, the BBC is a complete rip off.

I think the BBC should go commercial, and scrap the monthly charge currently. Then maybe they can stop ordering a pint of larger in the Vic, and maybe order a Fosters Extra cold :p


I'm sure the decision of their revue will rrsult in the go ahead for a full service
 
Top