• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Skylake E

Soldato
Q4 dude, not long to wait. X299 is the next logical step for those of us that have been sporting X99

If it can be had at a fair price, Ryzen is worth playing with just to get to grips with, but from a performance perspective you'd have to be nuts to make a perma switch.

Soldato
Yeah, sooner rather than later would be good.

Broadwell-e launched at the end of May last year so I would hope intel don't wait too long for skylake-e. Also isn't Cannonlake rumoured to be launching by the end of this year?

Soldato
OP
Q4 dude, not long to wait. X299 is the next logical step for those of us that have been sporting X99

If it can be had at a fair price, Ryzen is worth playing with just to get to grips with, but from a performance perspective you'd have to be nuts to make a perma switch.

That long! I read somewhere that it was Q2, should be worth the wait though, just think if Asus released a X299 Apex, that would be insane, just think a 8-10 core sky-e oc'd to 6ghz and quad 4k mems, now that would be something.

Soldato
I'd like that, but Q2 isn't likely. Information is fairly scarce (although the SKU information released recently is pretty accurate for low end), but you can bet your bum it's going to knock AM4 for six.

Soldato
First major overhaul of a CPU and Chip set for a while from them. And this time no x99 mistakes with CPU grid design, poor voltage and DDR4 support :)

?

Skylake-E = Skylake, same architecture that was released in August 2015. Please don't spread false information that this is a 'first major overhaul' for them.

Obviously Skylake-E will have far more cores on offer, more cache, new chipset with octane support (as does z270) but there is absolutely nothing new that could be considered an overhaul. We're talking 5% IPC from Broadwell-E to Skylake-E, so unnoticeable outside benchmarks. x99 already has pretty much all the chipset goodies apart from optane support.

The next new architecure from Intel is 'Icelake' - due out 2H 2018. This will actually be a new architecture, with probably at least 5% more IPC than Skylake/Kabylake/Coffeelake (all of these are Skylake architecture).

Skylake - New architecture (released August 2015)
Kabylake - Skylake +200Mhz, due to a slight improvement on the 14nm'+' process
Cannonlake - Mobile only chips, 2h 2017, nothing for us
Coffeelake - Intel's first mainsteam 6 core CPU, 10nm process shrink. No more flagship i7 quad cores after this, as these will have 6 cores from now on (8800k = 6 core, 10nm). Still based on Skylake.
Icelake - Intel's first new architecture since August 2015. Due to be released in 2018. Not much is known yet.

^^^ Glade you tested it and are so informed.... Dear me!! Show us your proof of this. Screens shots etc.....

Hasn't this always been the case for their enthusiast line? Mainstream get Haswell the enthusiast line Haswell E which brings more cores/pci-e lanes etc. If Skylake-E (KabyLake-E) is anything other then what has gone before it must be some major revision in intels line up.

Soldato
?

Skylake-E = Skylake, same architecture that was released in August 2015. Please don't spread false information that this is a 'first major overhaul' for them.

Obviously Skylake-E will have far more cores on offer, more cache, new chipset with octane support (as does z270) but there is absolutely nothing new that could be considered an overhaul. We're talking 5% IPC from Broadwell-E to Skylake-E, so unnoticeable outside benchmarks. x99 already has pretty much all the chipset goodies apart from optane support.

The next new architecure from Intel is 'Icelake' - due out 2H 2018. This will actually be a new architecture, with probably at least 5% more IPC than Skylake/Kabylake/Coffeelake (all of these are Skylake architecture).

Skylake - New architecture (released August 2015)
Kabylake - Skylake +200Mhz, due to a slight improvement on the 14nm'+' process
Cannonlake - Mobile only chips, 2h 2017, nothing for us
Coffeelake - Intel's first mainsteam 6 core CPU, 10nm process shrink. No more flagship i7 quad cores after this, as these will have 6 cores from now on (8800k = 6 core, 10nm). Still based on Skylake.
Icelake - Intel's first new architecture since August 2015. Due to be released in 2018. Not much is known yet.

I've never once spread rumors on OCUK, far from it. I posted up before it was punlically stated of low numbers of AM4 to help those who were going to order AM4 after reviews . I was actually late in doing so, I as was spending time with my lovely wife on a day off .
I've also requested OCUK forum will hopefully get stock updates for AM4 and Ti as well as launches .
I even mentioned End of Jan AMD RX is coming out in April, sites only just stating it now. I'll continue to post and support this form till the end of Q3 and I'll think I'll stop.

^^^ Glade you tested it and are so informed.... Dear me!! Show us your proof of this. Screens shots etc.....

Sorry, sounds like 8pack was backing me up there. :)

Not a fan boy of any sort but look forward to seeing what he/you can do with the x299 and when AM4 matures :)

Back
Top Bottom