sleeping on my side, waking up with numb arm

Man of Honour
As for those saying that it's lack of blood supply, I disagree, I believe it's more nerve compression. If it was cutting off blood circulation, it would start to hurt pretty damn fast, and you'd wake up (or rather be woken up) with a painful arm, not a numb arm.

I think it can be either, No feeling but more worrying a cold arm with clammy skin. I doubt nerves can do that.

Although in some magazine or newspaper had the top 20 medical conditions blokes are worried about but don't seek advice. Dead arms from sleeping was in there. It said it did cause any long-term harm.

TrX

TrX

Associate
This may help you :p
mattress.png

www.xkcd.com/335
www.xkcd.com
;)

OSB

OSB

Associate
Its nerve compression IIRC, should be careful though, a friend of mine fell asleep on his arm like that (he was drunk) and it damaged the nerve, couldn't move his wrist for a fair few weeks!

Soldato
I do this all the time by interlocking my fingers behind my head in my sleep. I wake up with both arms completely dead and in big pain as the feeling returns.

Imaging a guy suddenly waking up, sitting up in bed and then flailing his torso around to move his arms and you'll get the picture. I wish I didn't do it but it's obviously entirely subconscious, so there's not much that I can do about it.

Associate
I fell asleep with my hands behind my head once and both my arms went completely dead. I completely freaked out when I tried to get up and tumbled off the bed, it was hilarious apparently.
I was mentally scarred :(

Associate
i get a numb cheek when i lay on my side and rest my head on my arm.
i also get a numb arm from time to time. ever tried to turn off your alarm when half asleep with a dead arm lol :D

i get a numb arse when ive been driving too long!

Soldato
The amount of times I've slept with both arms crossed on my pillow, and woken up with no feeling in either arm.

I wake up and I'm literally stuck there, I have to use my shoulders to swing my arms around.

Back
Top Bottom