Sleepwalking?

Soldato
Sometimes i wake up and see a pile of clothes on the chair in the corner of my room and think its a person. I ask it who they are and what they are doing but obviously no reply. Eventually i turn the light on and realise there's no-one there...

Associate
the gf has had some strange episodes over the years, i have stopped her going outside wearing hardly anything while sleepwalking. got woken up by her moving about on the bed to see her perched on the edge of the bed and then she dived off the bed lol.
once she woke me up and she was out the bed pushing really hard against the wall, she said that she was holding the wall up as it was about to fall down!
one of the stranger incidents was waking up to see her sitting up in bed, dodging from side to side looking at the ceiling with her hand up and saying stop it, turns out she dreamed about a man in a hole in the ceiling throwing chairs out of the hole!

Soldato
Only when i'm ill really. I've once woken up and tried to solve political problems by rolling myself into my duvet a certain way, having a certain leg out and trying different combinations :o I then woke up next morning and wasn't too sure what had happened...

Soldato
Not personally but my sister did when she was younger... a number of times would try to "fly" down the stairs in her sleep and only escaped serious injury by the merest chance... other times she would walk downstairs into the kitchen and strike up a conversation with an imaginary person and was v. startled when my parents woke her.

EDIT: Actually that was quite weird... my parents swapped our bedrooms as mine had a lock on the door incase they needed to lock her in - but she stopped sleep walking for the most part after that - and I'd quite regular dream of flying down the stairs while sleeping in that room - but never sleep walked that anyone knows of... it was over the kitchen/boiler so wonder if there was fumes coming up from somewhere...

I used to have that dream quite frequently when I was younger.
Stood at the top of the stairs and i'd sort of jump down but in very slow motion like i was flying. Very weird.

Soldato
I sometimes sleep walk and I link it to me being stressed and having things on my mind.

Many times I have opened my bedroom door and start walking around people tell me it is like I'm pacing around. I have gone down stairs before and woken up on the sofa, woken up in the spare bed, walked in to another bedroom. In the past I have walked in to my mum and dads bedroom and my mum said to me I looked so worried and freaked out and was pacing around.

Lately in the last year or so people catch me doing and tell me to go back to bed. To me it feels like a dream but when people start talking to me it is so frightening and I have a feeling of dread come over me when people talk to me or tell me to go back to sleep, I find it to be very scary being woken from a sleep walk.

Last edited:
Soldato
I once, while watching myself, woke up with absolute certainty that everyone in the world was made up from a wire frame model, and everyone with a certain batch number had been recalled and I was checking to see if I was one of them, searching my body (which in my eyes was a wireframe) for a model number stamp printed on my somewhere.

Soldato
I used to have that dream quite frequently when I was younger.
Stood at the top of the stairs and i'd sort of jump down but in very slow motion like i was flying. Very weird.

Used to get that also when I was younger. Really odd indeed, Fortunately it has stopped now & I just talk in my sleep, Passed out at friends house the other day & started shouting out "ARRRR I R A PIRATE" can't remember anything though.

Also me & my friend have had a conversation in our sleeps before without realising at all much to the amusement of other friends.

Can't say I've sleepwalked though.

Soldato
I don't think that's the same thing.

I get violent in my sleep. Shouting and swearing, I hit a few people and threatened my (ex)girlfriend with death. I smashed a TV, poured a kettle of boiling water on my foot, killed a rabbit, turned every radiator in the house to max, set fire to the lawn and broke into my neighbour's house. Cannabis helps now.

Edit: This wasn't one crazy night by the way, just a sample of events over the course of many years.

The ironic thing is the name of your PC in your signature! :D

Back
Top Bottom