Smart Meters

Soldato
@BigBoy I am with Bulb on a SMETS1 but I think it's not sending them anything due to not being updated to work on their network yet.

When I was with EDF it did work, so I believe that it was originally installed by EDF (was here when I bought the house 3 years ago).

Bulb are saying they don't want to replace it with a SMETS2 one because they get fined for swapping out a SMETS1 meter even if it's being replaced with a SMETS2 one.

The tariff I want to get onto with Bulb requires a working smart meter, is there anything I could use to leverage getting them to swap it out? I think some SMETS1 meters are so old and decrepit that they will never work with other suppliers.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
A little bump to an earlier question, anyone managed to get a smart meter fitted to a medium pressure gas meter?

Soldato
A little bump to an earlier question, anyone managed to get a smart meter fitted to a medium pressure gas meter?
At EDF we only have 6 medium pressure installers trained and currently our licence does not have scope for medium pressure, it is coming just not yet.

Soldato
@BigBoy I am with Bulb on a SMETS1 but I think it's not sending them anything due to not being updated to work on their network yet.

When I was with EDF it did work, so I believe that it was originally installed by EDF (was here when I bought the house 3 years ago).

Bulb are saying they don't want to replace it with a SMETS2 one because they get fined for swapping out a SMETS1 meter even if it's being replaced with a SMETS2 one.

The tariff I want to get onto with Bulb requires a working smart meter, is there anything I could use to leverage getting them to swap it out? I think some SMETS1 meters are so old and decrepit that they will never work with other suppliers.
Just keep badgering them saying they are stopping you getting the tariff you want. To be fair Bulb will be slowly closed down over the next few years as customers drift away, as they are not allowed to accept any new customers.

Soldato
Just keep badgering them saying they are stopping you getting the tariff you want. To be fair Bulb will be slowly closed down over the next few years as customers drift away, as they are not allowed to accept any new customers.

I'm hoping I get moved on over to Octopus automatically at some point. Rumour that they want to buy Bulb customers out.

Soldato
I'm hoping I get moved on over to Octopus automatically at some point. Rumour that they want to buy Bulb customers out.
Yes I have heard that but I think they are offering way under the market value and there for way under what it's cost the government to keep Bulb ticking.

Back
Top Bottom