Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Man of Honour
It depends on what apps you want on the watch ?

Ah thanks for that, I didn't realise you put Apps on them, I didn't realise I could watch Google Maps on my watch while cycling etc so it makes sense to stick to an OS you're already familiar with.
The Ticwatch as an awful battery life but it just means when you go to bed you charge both phone and watch at the same time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah thanks for that, I didn't realise you put Apps on them, I didn't realise I could watch Google Maps on my watch while cycling etc so it makes sense to stick to an OS you're already familiar with.
The Ticwatch as an awful battery life but it just means when you go to bed you charge both phone and watch at the same time.

The Ticwatch Pro has good battery life, I get 3 days between charging.

Associate
Got a Garmin Venu 2 on the way today, been using a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Frontier for the past 4 years. So looking forward to a change of scenery.

Be interested to hear how you get on with it. Liking the sound of this one after seeing the initial reviews. Battery seems decent. It's features cover all I need. Which size did you opt for?

Man of Honour
Don't order from Mobvoi direct, their customer support is appalling

I bought my Pro 3 LTE from Amazon, it was reduced and had a 15% off voucher so it ended up costing £256 :)

There doesn't seem to be any offers.
I think the best thing I can do is Currys and just before the 12 months is up I can do something I never do but extend the warranty by another 5 years for £60.

Associate
Be interested to hear how you get on with it. Liking the sound of this one after seeing the initial reviews. Battery seems decent. It's features cover all I need. Which size did you opt for?
I went with the larger model and was very lightweight, didn't notice it on my wrist like with the Samsung. I tried it overnight with the sleep tracking also some of the breathing exercises. I was very torn between this and my Samsung.
In the end I couldn't get on with it, I was missing the rotating bezel too much. However the new interface is a lot cleaner than previous entries and the glances you can browse through are packed with information.
It's a nuisance not having all your metrics under one roof, which is primarily why I went back to Garmin as I used a Garmin for my cycling.
I also had a pretty awful experience trying to order the watch from an online retailer, which has soured the experience a little.

Associate
I went with the larger model and was very lightweight, didn't notice it on my wrist like with the Samsung. I tried it overnight with the sleep tracking also some of the breathing exercises. I was very torn between this and my Samsung.
In the end I couldn't get on with it, I was missing the rotating bezel too much. However the new interface is a lot cleaner than previous entries and the glances you can browse through are packed with information.
It's a nuisance not having all your metrics under one roof, which is primarily why I went back to Garmin as I used a Garmin for my cycling.
I also had a pretty awful experience trying to order the watch from an online retailer, which has soured the experience a little.

Cheers for your experiences. Sounds like it'll do what I need for my first smartwatch.

Associate
Cheers for your experiences. Sounds like it'll do what I need for my first smartwatch.
If this is your first experience of smartwatches, the garmin won't dissapoint, they are much more fitness orientated than say Apple/Samsung. The Venu/Vivoactive range are more geared towards everyday fitness and wellbeing than say a running watch. Jack of all trades.

Back
Top Bottom