Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
Thoughts on what watch I could go for? Not looking to spend too much, something to play music (spotify playlists) wirelessly, usual notification & phone calls and exercise tracking, the new fitbit watch got me thinking again but not really wanting to pay that much right now so willing to look at older models & 2nd hand, any thoughts?

Don
Thoughts on what watch I could go for? Not looking to spend too much, something to play music (spotify playlists) wirelessly, usual notification & phone calls and exercise tracking, the new fitbit watch got me thinking again but not really wanting to pay that much right now so willing to look at older models & 2nd hand, any thoughts?

Second hand Gear S3? It does all those things you're after.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
So, looks like my GWR has just died. I guess the thought of getting a Tickwatch is more real! lol.

What do you guys think? Tickwatch E or Huawei Watch 2? As they are my two preferred options.

The Tickwatch doesn't have NFC does it?

Associate
Rumours are google are making a pixel watch.....could be interesting

Those rumours have been out there for about 2 years at least - but nothing happens.

Google Wear had the potential to be great and useful, but typically for Google it's been left to wither on the vine.

It would be great if a pixel watch appears, but I just don't see it happening.

Soldato
Those rumours have been out there for about 2 years at least - but nothing happens.

Google Wear had the potential to be great and useful, but typically for Google it's been left to wither on the vine.

It would be great if a pixel watch appears, but I just don't see it happening.
well it was all over the tech sites a couple of days ago that its coming.

Soldato
Yeah I hear that, any news on a release date? I did wonder if I should wait.

If it's announced and released at the same time as the Pixel 3, I expect around October.

Will be worth waiting and hope that they're using the new Snapdragon SoCs too, I didn't feel the SD2100 in my HW2 was that much of an improvement to the SD400 in my GWR.

Associate

What phone have you got?

Soldato
I'm interested in a Fitbit Charge 2 after seeing a bloke at work with one, they are £99 atm. I'm curious if there is better though, I'm sure I've seen full fledged smartwatches at around £150.

I use HTC phones, have HTC U11.

Last edited:
Soldato
What did you think to it? I’m seriously tempted but I’m an iPhone user and unsure how good this would work with iOS
I only worn it a few times as I keep it for a going out watch as I have a really dirty job..
But I really like it so far and I no find it to big at all..

But If I was an iPhone user then think I would go for the apple series 3 watch due to app support..

Associate
I only worn it a few times as I keep it for a going out watch as I have a really dirty job..
But I really like it so far and I no find it to big at all..

But If I was an iPhone user then think I would go for the apple series 3 watch due to app support..
I can’t stand the look and square face of the Apple Watch, I’ve narrowed it down to the Gear S3, Ticwatch or Huawei, I’d love the Fenix 5 but cost puts me off as I’d not use it to its full ability. I’m not worried about not being able to reply to messages via the watch, I’d like to have access to numerous faces and ability to change straps. I’ve read you can’t change the strap of the Ticwatch S so that’s putting me off..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom