Snail mail

Associate
Is it just my impression or the Royal mail is not coping very well during this crisis? I'm awaiting a few deliveries shipped by 1st and 2nd class and they are late. Anyone had similar experiences? I'm in London.

Soldato
I experienced that during 1st lockdown, but it feels back to normal now. I bought some vape supplies online the other day and it was delivered the next day through first class Royal Mail.

I also sell items online through Etsy, and I’ve fortunately not had any delivery issues in a while, whereas people were complaining during the first lockdown.

Caporegime
My experience is they are doing incredible. I love my postie, all my RM stuff gets delivered very quickly! And she leaves it hidden for me if I'm not in. Brilliant. I'm actually leaving her a bottle of wine or two sometime soon, which would never normally cross my mind.

Permabanned
AFAIK they got a fine (think it was 1.4-1.6M) recently due to this.

I am missing mail and my mother who is going through Chemo etc now is not getting letters and the hospital etc have told me on the phone are having issue with RM so much they give me the details over phone and I write them down.

They have been in decline for years now.

Soldato
I had just one thing that was slightly delayed. Seller sent me a replacement and it arrived before the original.
Everything else has been bang-on. Top service.

Caporegime
seems fine although I had special delivery packages take 2 days instead of 1.

also postman isn't knocking on the door any more with them, just pushes them half way inside the letter box.... thankfully no one stole anything yet.

surely as a postman your told to ensure that anything you push in to a letter box actually goes all the way in and falls down?

Permabanned

also postman isn't knocking on the door any more with them, just pushes them half way inside the letter box.... thankfully no one stole anything yet.

surely as a postman your told to ensure that anything you push in to a letter box actually goes all the way in and falls down?

I think the unions tell them to do as little as possible whilst complaining about their lot as loudly as possible. `Twas always this way.

Commissario
It's been variable around my way, but i'm typically giving first class 2 working days at the moment, and it's being delivered anything from about 7am to 3pm depending on if it's the regular guy (who seems to be fairly consistent at between 11 ad 12), or someone else.

Man of Honour
It's very area dependant, we're (NW London, Camden) still typically getting 1DD for most 1st class items, however I have a few friends near Croydon that are waiting 3+ days for packages sent 1st class.

They're supposedly getting close to Christmas levels of service.

Associate
Wow. At the time of commencing this reply, it was post #13 in this thread.

I can't believe I'm that guy, again, who points out the blatantly obvious retort of:

"Does your postman make delivery post, even when it's pandemic?" :D

Why has it taken so long, GD?

I am disappoint etc.

Soldato
Only saw issues during the first lockdown where we were probably only getting post 1 day a week rather than every day (bar Sundays).

I see the postman pretty much every day now, ours is a bit of a plonker though in that we're forever getting our neighbours post through the door. I've noticed our neighbours putting our post through the door as well, so he must make a right mess of our road.

Soldato
Because we can't buy any non essential items locally at present (the aisles are closed in shops etc.) it forces you to use online more (tbf I would anyway, French shops are expensive and ****) so we're buds with all the delivery drivers now :D FedEx? Guys a legend. DPD? Loves our dogs etc etc. I think they're doing great considering they haven't stopped all year and probably have had to work twice as hard!

Soldato

I've noticed the same thing didn't knock even though I was in. Starting to wonder whats the point of it, the answer is insurance I guess though if no-one signs who's to prove it was actually delivered to me? DPD do knock and ask my name even if theres no longer a signature required.

Back
Top Bottom