SNES Mini Classic

Soldato
Couldn't find a thread on this so thought I'd start one.

So who managed to get a pre-order?

I checked everywhere the evening of the day it was announced and nothing was available, seems like everything went live the day after and Amazon and Game sold out in minutes, so annoyed I missed it.

I just managed to reserve one on Very, not used them before and think they might just be taking the money to hold it and then say no stock later but it's my only option unless the usual places get some more allocation.

Soldato
I wanted one. But the majority of scalpers got the stock. Probably in time to sell them off for a silly money at Xmas.

I’ll hold off until the stock situation levels out. I want the US one (always preferred the shape and colour scheme)

Associate
There has been quite a bit of talk over the last 6 pages of the retro console thread.

I missed the launch announcement the other night and by the time I was looking, all pre order opportunities were sold out :(

I then happened to be sat at the computer when an email came in from Nintendo saying that they were up for pre order on their site. I've never typed so fast! So a bit of a case of right time, right place for me.

The people who only buy them to sell on at a vastly inflated price really annoy me, and I don't own the NES version for that reason.

Price wise, it's comparable to what you can pay for a Pi3 and controller, yet this is official, comes with 2 pads and by the looks of it will be a limited collectible.

Soldato
I want the US one (always preferred the shape and colour scheme)

Crazy man! The US snes was hideous! I've got a few orders in - one for me and my bro for Christmas - but am tempted by the Japanese one as it has a slightly different lineup. Specifically Legend of the Mystical Ninja, which is up there with the very best on the snes imho. Why was this not included with the eu version!?!

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Most of the talk is in the retro thread. I managed to reserve one at my local Smyths, on the 2nd lot they listed (just about, all sold out time I checked out and re-checked!) Also got a pre order with their original listings at Bangor however didn't realise this was NI not North Wales :p 2nd order was £10 more expensive at £79.99 opposed to £69.99 :(

Associate
Caught the announcement late on the day and kept trying to purchase through game until about 1am when they finally updated to show no stock :(

Just been down to game as I heard they were allocating in-store preorders with a £50 deposit and they took my details on a registration of interest form but it apparently relies on more preorder stock being allocated and nothing is guaranteed.

As I said in the other thread I hope they've made more than enough stock for this time round and the scalpers get stung hard.

Soldato
I always saw the American version in gaming mags when I was a young’un. Always wondered why it looked different, as I didn’t know the Americans got a totally different version ! :p and really wanted one from then onwards. The standard four colour SNES I was a bit bored of by that point !

Tbh if I buy one... I’d keep it boxed and mint. As I think these will be worth a lot one day. And besides. I have a pi3. And this mini SNES is missing the best game of that gen.. u.n squadron / area 88 ;)

Associate
Very seem to have stock too actually - I'm fighting the temptation to order another to make sure I get one :p

Supposedly there are as many mini Snes allocated to the UK alone as the NES had worldwide. I imagine it will be more popular than the NES though.

Still tempted by a boxed mini NES from CeX for £115 but can't bring myself to do it :p

Back
Top Bottom