1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snooker 19

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by robfosters, Apr 5, 2019.

1. robfosters

Caporegime

I’m gonna give it a while. Once the complaints come rolling in. I hope the devs will fix what’s wrong with it.

They’ll have a job on their hands though.

2. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

I cancelled my pre-order after reading some comments from folk who got it early last week - hope it gets fixed though as I'd really like another snooker game!

3. mikeym

Hitman

That's disappointing. I was ready for a good snooker game, making me think of the Jimmy White game on Amiga. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the devs to get their finger out and make do with pure pool snooker dlc in the meantime to scratch the itch...

4. Double07

Wise Guy

Sounds like Jimmy White on Amiga is a better game than this, sadly :(

5. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

Still the best snooker game of all time.

6. Double07

Wise Guy

Yes but it is only one of what, 2 actual snooker games :) It was/is amazing though.

7. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

I'm pretty sure we've had quite a few pretenders

8. Double07

Wise Guy

Yeha but cmon who thinks that anything has came close to Jimmy White? Does anyone really think that Archer MacLean pool has been bettered?

9. byeo

Wise Guy

Took one look at this game on YouTube and decided to avoid. Looked awful, not played a good Snooker game in years.

10. slipperydave

Gangster

VP3 is a lot better

11. OneZeoN

Gangster

Bought this today and after 3 games I think it's great

Yeah it's got a few glitches and jankyness (if that's a word) but the physics are perfect and the AI seems brilliant.
    I was snookered by the AI and managed to get out of it only for the next 6 or 7 shots to be us both playing safety shots well before I messed one up.

Lost that frame but it felt great and I deserved the result

12. mikeym

Hitman

Are you still enjoying it OneZeoN?

Been watching a few YouTube streams and reading a couple more reviews and have to say I'm now tempted. Not fussed about some rough edges if it plays a decent game of snooker.

13. OneZeoN

Gangster

Yeah I'm really liking the game

Played online now to and it works well. The only slight issue is the 20 min timer on all frames.
    Wish that was gone!

But other than that it's a really good snooker game and all glitches are small and sometimes funny lol

14. robfosters

Caporegime

Commentary needs work. It’s not often Jimmy White gets referred to as a young professional lol.

15. mikeym

Hitman

16. sityeuropa

Wise Guy

You should give this a chance, the core gameplay is there and break building is very satisfying. I like the camera views and shot controls are easy and intuitive.

Some of the issues have already been dealt with in a patch. A few more patches and it will be really good.

Shot transitions can be a little annoying which I hope they can change.

17. mikeym

Hitman

I bought last night and have been really enjoying it. Online works really well and have already had 4 decent online matches (2 wins and 2 losses).

Best break of 92 so far :cool:

18. wwwebber

Hitman

@ic1male Pardon ?? lol

19. ic1male

Caporegime

Hahhaha, I can't remember exactly but wasn't it only because Thepchaiya Un-nooh mis-cued in the deciding frame that Judd got through?

Anyroad, I'm ecstatic to have to eat my words. Think of my posts of reverse psychology. They worked. :p

20. mikeym

Hitman

Continuing to enjoy this. Slowly learning to break consistently, play tactically and work out opportunities to snooker my opponents. Haven't managed to better my best break of 92 I achieved early on but getting 60-70 odd more frequently...

Any others out there continuing to play?