SNP to break up Britian?

Permabanned
Well I don't think I thought before I looked but yes it wouldn't suprise me... although you've been a bit more quiet recently since events have overtaken you a bit.. ;)

:p

Caporegime
It would be, medium to long term, a signal to diverge.

So that'll be a floating currency and goes back to my further point that Scotland will only have a weak, minor reserve currency with no financial history. This will make borrowing more expensive for the government, businesses and the population as a whole. The weaker currency is indeed imperative for Scottish business exports but it will result in a lower standard of living in Scotland, which is not widely advertised to the electorate it would seem but it's inevitable.

What is also being overlooked is incurred debt, Investors will have majoritively BoE guilts and a smaller (yet to be calculated) amount of new BoS bonds. The new BoS bonds will have to pay out more to match the stronger Stirling or you risk investors scrambling for Stirling Gults, and that will further hurt the Scottish economy.

Your further statement that an independent Scottish currency will be able to protect depositors as well as they are currently doesn't seem to stand up for me. Do you have more insight into how it will other than the short line you gave?

Permabanned
The a young People of Scotland do not seem as pro-independence as the SNP had hoped, at least according to a University of Edinburgh study, which suggests that over 60% of 14-17 year olds who will be eligible to vote in the forthcoming referendum would vote No and just under 21% saying they will vote Yes. 69% of respondents said they would be voting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-22745855

Back
Top Bottom