So did anyone buy the Dell 24in ST2410?

Associate
Received mine today! Wasn't impressed how the courier treated the box tho, two big holes on the bottom and side! Thankfully no damage to the monitor and no dead pixels!!

Its going to take a bit of getting used to. My only niggle is the on/off button. Wish there was a setting for dimming/turning of the LED.

Associate
mine also came today......

4365279283_a41ec74798.jpg

Soldato
Mine was shipped yesterday apparently, although I haven't heard anything from Dell about when they plan to deliver it, I expected it to turn up today but it didn't.

Soldato
Received mine today! Wasn't impressed how the courier treated the box tho, two big holes on the bottom and side! Thankfully no damage to the monitor and no dead pixels!!

Its going to take a bit of getting used to. My only niggle is the on/off button. Wish there was a setting for dimming/turning of the LED.

I like the blue lit power on button its the reflectivity of the dell sign and the black frame onthe bottom that is a distraction when i type i see movement on the dell words of my hands etc. Ill get used to it but atm its the only niggle i have.

Associate
I got my screen yesterday, and its awesome! But I have a dead pixel which is a pain... right and the top, central. Annoying as they won't replace it unless its 6 or more I think. Time to massage my screen I think lol!

Soldato
Bahh still nothing for me, although they 'apparently' shipped it on the 16th, I can't track the order either yet. I must say they are amazingly slow, it will bave been a complete month since I ordered on the 23rd, I am used to getting what I order within days, next business day really if I order early enough ...still I keep telling myself for the price I paid, it's ok. Good job I wasn't in a rush really and was only ordering it because I was curious about how good or bad it is for the price, and I am after a 24" with DVI and HDMI, despite having a couple of better monitors I am actually quite looking forward to it now though.

Associate
I cancelled mine, (have to use a webform) then a few days later it was shipped and is now being delivered monday... couldnt get another as dell only replied to my cancel request after it changed to shipped and I needed the money for another.... not happy with dell's poor response times but it will be here monday morning so all's well that ends well I hope

Soldato
Well mine was delivered today, the box had taken quite a belt, had a hole in over the screen which was a bit worrying, but I signed for it anyway and opened it up to find the thin foam protector over the screen had a couple of holes in it so by this point I thought the monitor was going to be knackered, as it turns out it's not, it works fine and doesn't seem to have any dead pixels. The display does look rather washed out and a bit naff compared to the 2209 though, I've had a little fiddle with the settings, backed off the brightness and toned the blue and green down a tad, which makes it look a little more natural, still not really that impressed though, but then I have been using only IPS and PVA monitors since 2003 now, put it this way, for £150 it's brilliant though. It's terrfic value for money and I never expected it to compete with much more expensive IPS displays. It is nice to have a higher resolution again though, I've been using 1680x1050 for quite a while now, I had 1920x1200 before that, so to go back to 1920 wide is great.

Last edited:
Associate
got mine, 1st impressions are pretty good, only negative is the crap stand, needs to be a bit higher (height adjustable would have been great)... now to source something to raise it with that wont look crap on my desk/beneath it

Associate
right have rejigged my desk, got my 360 elite underneath st2410 (monitor is pretty light so should be ok) 360 connected via hdmi and using the soundbar, pc via dvi using normal soundcard/speakers.... for 150 (160 odd including soundbar) I am well chuffed

just the right height and easily switch between the 2, will hook my 20" dell up in portrait mode when I move case so I can browse/email/msn etc while playing 360... all in all a v happy bunny, will take some pics when desk tidied and all set up proper

Associate
I've noticed I'm getting quite a bit of backlight bleed on my monitor as well as the dead pixel too... I wonder what Dell consider too much backlight bleed to warrant a replacement? Another thing I need to do something about is the height, its a little low but other than those issues its nice!

Associate
Fits very well on your desk..

How do you guys find the stand of the screen. Coming from a 2407 with variable height I am uncertain if that missing would make it odd..

Associate
Konzul I found the stand too low, was either I lower my chair (felt like a midget) or stand it on something, as per post above I moved my 360 elite off main tv and stand it on that. horses for courses I guess

Back
Top Bottom