So did anyone buy the Dell 24in ST2410?

Soldato
Unboxing vid. If it doesnt show right away its still processing.

Sry for quality.

Hi. I am watching your unboxing video on the monitor you are unboxing. should have unboxed it on the floor so you don't get little bits of polystyrene all over your leather couch. :/

So silly. :D

Update on this monitor: Still loving it... but then again, I've never experienced high end monitors that cost £500+.

Associate
Just called Dell about the backlight bleed issue and they have a replacement coming to me tomorrow! Great service, hopefully this new one won't have any backlight bleed or dead pixels :)

Associate
what are comparable alternatives to the st2410 at the right price

looks like the price of these has gone back up... I am looking for a a decent 23-24"
what are comparable alternatives?
and what made this one stand out

bJN

bJN

Soldato
The fact this was a Dell monitor, full HD resolution, 24" and reduced from £200 to £150 at the time.
Comparable models probably going to be the Iiyama Prolite or whatever it's called, there's a Ben-Q one as well along with the LED monitor all around £150

Soldato
Well I have had mine a week now, and I am quite happy with it, no dead pixels, minimal back-light bleed, no more than expected anyway but there is a touch. The viewing angles actually aren't that bad for a TN ...best I have seen anyway. Colours seem a little washy but I was using an IPS display before so I guess that's no surprise.

I think it was a damn good buy at £150 or so, I don't think I wouldn't pay the full price for one of these though ...as there are some better displays priced rather closely then. If you had told me 3 years ago I could buy a monitor like this for £150 ...which is less than 2 tanks of fuel in my car ...I would not have believed it until I saw it for myself.

Associate
I wouldn't have paid more than £150 for the screen either, but at £150 it is a great deal... got my replacement and it is 100% better, no dead pixels and no back light bleed!

Only thing I wish they would do is have a replacement stand for the screen with height adjustment etc, i.e. like the 2407WFP!

Associate
i have been looking for a monitor for my new desktop
i have seen some but cant seem to decide

what is the screen like on this monitor?
how bad is the light bleed?
Has anyone had any major problems with the monitor?

Associate
I'm literally still waiting for mine!

Emailed them and they gave me some spiel about it being a very popular product. Would be more tempted to cancel if I was planning on buying my new PC soon, but as it is im waiting another month.

Associate
Ordered 3 and you CAN wall mount them if...

...you're a bit handy.

If you look in the back of the monitor, the base is attached by 3 screws into a basic metal plate. Home Depot sells a hardened metal L-bracket that's close to the same width and about the same thickness. I picked up 6 with some screws, nuts, and drilled some holes and trimmed metal to the same shape. Then I painted them black and attached to some basic arm wall mounts. It came out better than I expected and can pull the monitors over to either my drafting table or desk. The look is really cool and only cost about 12 bucks and some elbow grease:

YouTube Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt8a6FkBDSo

-J

Last edited:
Associate
Here's something really funny: I posted these same pics in Dell's comment section about the monitor. I can see other people's recent posts but not mine. I'd hate to think that was done on purpose but I posted this 2 days ago and still nothing.

Maybe it was a mistake?

Maybe Dell doesn't want anyone to do what I did and not spend the extra money on a more expensive model with VESA holes?

***UPDATE: Dell posted the review. Took 4 days but it's in the Dell forums.***

-J

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom