So, erm, I've just bought this - a 2006 750i

Commissario
I picked this up today from a lovely private seller, lots of service history with it and I know it's been very well looked after since he got it in 2016.

Yes, I know what you're all going to say, I'm crazy, it's a time bomb, gearbox will be a disaster, engine will die in minutes, electronics will all fail. It's too complex and will cost an arm and a leg to maintain.

But I know all that. It's not going to be a daily driver, actually my Mazda 6 isn't even a daily driver, I do so few miles now. It's a car for me to waft around in from time to time and to enjoy. Minor repairs will get fixed, if it breaks really expensively, it'll get scrapped.

I'm fully aware of what I've got.

It was a lovely drive home, it's a very nice place to be.

GlAx4MJ.jpeg

Soldato
I like it, it's very cool and I'm sure very pleasant to be in. Sort of car where the interior is more important than the exterior (thankfully, 2006 wasn't a great vintage for BMW). However, I'm way too sensible to buy one.

Soldato
forNot one of Chris Bangles finest moments, not that he had a finest moment ever.
I hope it serves you well and isn’t too ruinous.
I really like Chris Bangles designs. peaking at the fiat coupe and BMW Z4 however the one in OP is nice enough imo.

at least the front grille is not as big as current BMWs

Last edited:
Reactions: JRS
Soldato
Stick a widescreen inside on the dash with velcro, an m badge on the back with any old set of numbers after it and with some work on the grill, you could say it's nearly new.

Soldato
Although certainly polarising at the time, I'd wager they look better and are perceived better 20 years after release than the current crop of BMW's will in 20 years time.

I never liked the Z4 when it first came out, then I bought one last year as a final hurrah with a big engine before electric becomes ubiquitous. I still walk away from it, look back and think to myself "Beautiful", I'm not sure if it's me aging that's done it or they've aged well.

Back
Top Bottom