So, erm, I've just bought this - a 2006 750i

Z4 has always been a fantastic looking car. I've been tempted more than once to buy another now they are cheap as chips. Always had a soft spot for the bangle 5-series too but don't have OPs massive cojones, so drive an Avensis at :p

Z8 is even better, beautiful machine.

The time I considered one before was when I looked at S2000s, Boxsters, Z350s, Mk2 MX5s and Z4s.

At the time I preferred the looks of all of the others over the Z4.

That, combined with the fact I preferred a stripped out (in comparison), lightweight, agile b road car meant I went with the MX5 and strapped a supercharger to it.

I'd still take an MX5 over the Z4 for outright driving pleasure when I chase across Northumberland to go camping/fishing, but I do that less these days and the Z4 is a much nicer place to be day to day and doing motorway miles.

I actually think these look awesome in the flesh and dare I say it prefer to the E38 and the F01 that replaced it.

I think people are forgetting this is the updated version which, from 2005, fixed most of the issues with how the original looked. I think they look great, it's the first version that didn't.

It's an improvement on the initial e65 but it can't hold a candle to the e38 styling wise, or an e32 for that matter...

Technically wonderful in many respects, it'll never be a classic though.

Regardless though, what a great buy, I'm assuming you haven't paid a fortune for it, it's a hell of a lot of car for the money, and should hopefully serve you well. :)

I hope you continue to update us on it as the lovely private seller did....

Last edited:
I hope you continue to update us on it as the lovely private seller did....
Wifey and I are going to north west Wales next week and this car will be taking us there and back in full waft mode.

I'm assuming you haven't paid a fortune for it, it's a hell of a lot of car for the money, and should hopefully serve you well. :)
Going by prices for similar models with unknown history on AT, it was the a very good price. The mulleted seller pre-discounted it for my convenience.

I remember loading a TV into one of these when I worked in a warehouse/retail, and I almost creamed my pants. Probably an '06 model. Had proper reversing camera/sensors. Was like something out of Star Trek.

Got home this afternoon from a week away in north west Wales and the car didn't miss a beat, no issues whatsoever. The only thing that needs any attention are the parking sensors (I knew about these already), which I've got and just need to fit them, but it wasn't too bad without them, it's just a case of working out how long the car is when parking which I did for years anyway before the days of sensors.

I averaged 28.5 mpg over 852 miles, all the motorway/dual carriageway stuff was with the cruise control set to 70 mph and then speed adjusted for traffic. The travelling distance to and from the cottage was 650 miles, so just over 200 miles were bouncing off Welsh mountains.

This is the most powerful car I've owned and it was a pleasure to drive. Very easy to accelerate and overtake without any risks on the normal non dual carriageway roads and then when the roads opened out to three lanes (two going one way and one the other), very quick get get past stuff and back in before the lanes closed down again. I never really booted it properly hard, I don't think I ever hit the full kickdown as I just didn't need to.

Incredibly smooth, very comfortable on the motorways and I thought it went around the twisty bits nicely, especially considering the size.

A proper mid life crisis wafting yacht :cry:

Changed the number plate.

Made a video.

A good attempt but to get more views you need to be awkwardly stood with one foot blipping the throttle while staring gormlessly at the camera as your 'popz and bangz' map offends everyone within a half mile radius.

Seriously though there is just something right about a clean 7 series, doubly so if the last two digits are a 50.

It's a ton of car for the money you probably paid...
As said before, the price was pre-discounted for my convenience, I didn't pay a lot for it.

Seriously though there is just something right about a clean 7 series, doubly so if the last two digits are a 50.
not my thing but christ it's comfy and a lot of car!
Every time I get in and start it up, I have a smile on my face, I know I'm repeating myself but it's so comfortable and smooth. I used my Mazda 6 last week and I'd much rather be in this. I mean, it's not surprising, there's a ton of difference between them but I just didn't realise how much I'd rather drive this. Perhaps that's naive.

Just coming back to this number plate makes me actually chuckle each time.

RZMzUML.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom