So, erm, I've just bought this - a 2006 750i

I look after one of these for a customer, it'll be bomb proof if looked after.
Small things like a coil spring or wheel speed sensor are silly money though as a lot of things are specific to that model with little/no support on the after market.
The ABS pump is a common issue too.

Enjoy it - lots of car for the money!

Lovely :D

Good result after that disappointing end to the other thread!

I never understood the Chris Bangle hate. Z4, e60, e63(?), all of his designs have matured rather well, a bit ahead of their time.

In contrast, there was an IX parked outside the other day, I don’t know what would possess someone :o

Lovely :D

Good result after that disappointing end to the other thread!

I never understood the Chris Bangle hate. Z4, e60, e63(?), all of his designs have matured rather well, a bit ahead of their time.

In contrast, there was an IX parked outside the other day, I don’t know what would possess someone :o
any designer who models the headlights of a car based on his wifes backside will always get my vote. (note i cant find the source for that but i am convinced it is true)

7 Series, new or old, are the coolest cars around IMO
On the way home yesterday, as I negotiated the A14/A1 merger thing, someone pulled alongside, gave me a wave, a big smile and a thumbs up. I'm not sure if he was referencing the car itself or the fact he'd seen someone in a BMW use their indicators.

I like saloon cars, I read up a lot on this model before I made the decision and I don't understand the criticism of its looks. Perhaps it was just ahead of its time when it was launched.

Reactions: JRS
I love the E65. Had two of them and they were lovely to drive. The expensive time-bomb ness of yours has obviously been done, so it should treat you well for many miles. The gearboxes are pretty reliable if the fluids and filter are changed regularly.

I never liked the Z4 when it first came out, then I bought one last year as a final hurrah with a big engine before electric becomes ubiquitous. I still walk away from it, look back and think to myself "Beautiful", I'm not sure if it's me aging that's done it or they've aged well.
Z4 has always been a fantastic looking car. I've been tempted more than once to buy another now they are cheap as chips. Always had a soft spot for the bangle 5-series too but don't have OPs massive cojones, so drive an Avensis at :p

Z8 is even better, beautiful machine.

Back
Top Bottom