So I bought an old super saloon from Slough... (Jag Inside!)

Man of Honour
Update at post 49

So for some months now I have been on the hunt for a car that I have loved since I was a kid, when I was taken out and scared witless by a co-worker of my dads. A car that ironically has been the subject of several threads on here recently.

Before I get into the car - I know owning mad old expensive cars is a point of contention on here, I live within walking distance of work - I have no need for a car, just a massive want. I have also saved up a nice £1500 buffer , soon to be £2k to sit in my savings in case of repairs and earn more than enough to be comfortable, I also have nearly every spanner and tool known to man and am not shy of spinning them!

So without further bluffing, my 1999 Jaguar XJR V8 Supercharged!

It turns out the car was actually in Ivor Heath, not slough as auto trader suggested!

109,000 Miles, Full Jaguar Service History, Throttle Bodies Done, Cam Chains Done, Running on the correct nearly new P-Zero Asymetrico tyres with a 5th alloy spare, long MOT and TAX, and a folder full of receipts for everything from servicing to suspension refreshes.

The car drives as tightly as I have ever felt ( I have owned and test driven XJs before ) and is, apart from a worn bolster and a small scrape on a bumper, immaculate - for any age!

How much you ask, £2600 - hand on heart, the guy was only selling as he needed more room for his hunting guns - it had been he weekend car for nearly 5 years, and has never had a penny skimped. The issue was his advert was terrible, and he had been lowering the price for weeks, all the way down from 5k! I had been looking at spending up to 6k, but by some miracle I now have a huge boost to my savings, and a grand to play around tidying up the car!

OJg0ql.jpg
MOMqBl.jpg
WH755l.jpg
fnyqKl.jpg
f1wsjl.jpg
sWnRml.jpg
7fTL9l.jpg
g81QFl.jpg
RjWIAl.jpg
VNcWQl.jpg
8ep38l.jpg
7XYJPl.jpg
Z0DVYl.jpg
zqnHjl.jpg

So yeah, I'm Happy :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
Nice... wonderful cars & incredible value for money.

I find it amazing how much these have de-valued... I thought the XKR I bought had devalued a lot for what it was... but doesn't come close to the prices of XJRs :S

Great buy, I've been tempted again - but am going BMW this time.

Soldato
Thats wicked! I dont really like the older ones much but i can defiently see the appeal of that. Cant argue at that price too

Caporegime
Hero, can't find any fault with that purchase, you know what to look out for and that it's all been done. Enjoy it and the relative peace of mind :cool:

Man of Honour
Shock as somebody buys old prestige car having actually found out what they are letting themselves in for and allowed for it accordingly. Enjoy the car, it looks epic :D

Permabanned
Is this the age they had the nicosil engines? And is so has it been rebuilt?

Looks good though.

Nikasil is a good thing and if it's lasted this long, it won't die due to Nikasil liners.

with this being a T, it will likely have been replaced under the recall however.

I sought out a 2001 model on purpose in order to get one with Nikasil liners.

Should be easy to tell though - just have to look down the back of the engine and there'll be a yellow tag if it's been replaced (although, it is possible to remove them).

Associate
I love these, good buy.

The rear overhang is something else as well, it's as if when designing it they discovered they were short of boot space so just said **** it and shoved another foot on the back end!

Back
Top Bottom