So I bought an old super saloon from Slough... (Jag Inside!)

Associate
I think I just jizzed my pants that is so nice.

If I could fit one in the garage I would have one tomorrow but I would have to LPG it...

It also reminds of the guy from 'Bread' with the tight leather trousers. lol classic 90's :)

Soldato
I don't think so.

You don't get as much cab space up front as you would expect from a car of it's size.

That's not to say it's too cramped, far from it!

yeah, just not quite big enough to get comfy :(

Seat as far back and low in most cars of this size is too much for me, in the jag too tight

Soldato
How tall are you just out of interest? I'm 6" 2' and managed to have a little go in this one in sublime comfort! Although I concede there isn't buckets of space, I found it adequate!

Ta

Alec

Man of Honour
OP
Update-tastic

I just thought I would add to this thread again, as I never replied. Thanks for the kind words about the car, I don't think I have ever seen OcUK so agreed on a car !

It went in for an MOT today, something I had been dreading coming up - being an old Jag an all I had figured it would eat up all its contingency money, so you can expect my surprise when it came back with a totally clean ticket, no advisories :eek::eek::eek: :cool: :D

The MOT dude said it was as clean as a whistle apart from one tiny scab of rust on the inner part of the outer wing, the only thing nearly getting an advisory were the rear tyres - 2300 miles out of them, not bad :p Apparently all the bushings under the front have been very recently done, so I double checked the history and so they have - he said it was the tightest driving XJ he had felt!

The sad news is she will be up for sale soon, I have to confess to being a student intern, so the decent regular income will be stopping again in September while I put the finishing touches on my degree. Half of me wants to store her, as its too good a car to let go, the other part says its a travesty to keep it from someone who would use it properly ! The sensible part says I should not have bought it in the first place, but being young single & earning a very decent wage for 18 months got the better of me, maybe I should put that flame suit on after all...

:D

Back
Top Bottom