So I tried to change a tap...

Associate
I had the exact same problem when I changed mine.
Everything seemed backwards, like facing outside and it was just impossible to disconnect the old taps from the copper pipe.
I have done taps and sinks before so it wasnt like I didn't know what I was doing.

But to cut a long story short, just do what someone above said, cut the copper pipe and attach push fit Flexi pipes, that is what I did.

Also I took all the waste pipe out so I had more room to get to everything, which will help it whatever you decide to try

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Also I took all the waste pipe out so I had more room to get to everything, which will help it whatever you decide to try

Oh yes. I did that in my first investigation. Anyway, I'm waiting on the parts suggested (car has a puncture, getting repaired tomorrow).

Soldato
OP
I think I better provide an update. I managed to get the nut off with the help of a screwdriver. Lifting the tap I found that the copper pipes were fitted with compression fittings which had siezed and could not be undone. So I cut them with a hacksaw. The new tap went in smoothly. No leaks, no nothing. It's a bit of embuggeration that it's right-handed only as the spout sits on the left and doesn't reach that far over my basin which is on the right. You can fit the spigot on the left but you have to push the lever instead of pull and I didn't have room. I've written to the manufacturer to point out this issue to them, suggesting 180 degrees of motion instead of 90.

And it does the job of folding down so I can fully open and thus clean the window.

Back
Top Bottom