• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So if your a normal user and hate GPU mining,get over it.Try this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Go do some mining and get a free GPU down the road. Use online PC gaming service and any GPU miner and start earning some cash for your next GPU and you can still play some PC games.

Took a quick video mining with Nicehash and playing Cyberpunk 2077 on Gforce now.

Still getting 80Mh's - 90Mh's while running the game. Normal is 95Mh's-100Mh's .

Using shadowplay with performance overlay on drops hash rate to 60Mh's -65Mhs.

RTX 3080 GPU set to 70% power limit
-500 Core
+1000 Memory

EDIT:Amazing post in this thread. I am asking for the trolls to stop posting,you can not change my mind to your thinking so trolling is useless.
Going off the top of my head and I am sure I missed a few Trolls, any post from the list below will be reported by me for trolling. Please stop the non-sense.You do not need to be in this thread. The thread was to help people and not put them down or degrade them in anyway.You post are not welcome in this thread.

@FoxEye
@weldon855
@henson0115
@CAT-THE-FIFTH
@danlightbulb
@Gerard
@NZXT30
@nvidiamd

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Do you want me to give you a guide I made.Although I have not publish a guide since 2016-2017. I suggest just google it,there are a lot of up to date guides foor the popular ETH.

Caporegime
No, mining can **** off.

Crypto is a complete waste of resources, an environmental disaster, and a solution to a "problem" that isn't even a problem. "Oh noes the evil fiat! The evil gubment controlling our monies!"

It's also another get-rich-quick ponzi scheme.

I hope it fails, crashes and burns, and becomes a footnote in history.

Associate
OP
No, mining can **** off.

Crypto is a complete waste of resources, an environmental disaster, and a solution to a "problem" that isn't even a problem. "Oh noes the evil fiat! The evil gubment controlling our monies!"

I have been GPU mining since around 2011. It is not going to die anytime soon.LOL

Soldato
No, mining can **** off.

Can I mine you for salt? :p

I've been mining for about 5 days when not gaming, have about £25 in BTC plus my room is a little warmer. I don't think I'm going to be a millionaire, I don't care about decentralised currency. I just want a little bit of extra money to make this year a little bit less garbage.

Soldato
Really this again? By the time you make any sort of real cash things will have crashed and you'll be selling overpaid gpus at the members market hoping to break even.

Associate
OP
You must be millionaire then
Retired at young age.

So a troll post?
You can say troll post,I can say helping out with some information. They can mine on the GPU and make some extra money.I just happen to be doing it for years and getting free GPU's.

Really this again? By the time you make any sort of real cash things will have crashed and you'll be selling overpaid gpus at the members market hoping to break even.
This is a terrible way at looking at this.
RTX 3080 can make $10 USD a day. Do it for one month. Pay your heat and lights,save for the next big GPU . I see nothing wrong with this.

Sad to see how many people just don't care that the world's resources are being wasted on pure greed.
Yet you have a computer/TV/Phone all full of rare earth elements. Do I need to say more.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Thats assuming you bought hardware just to mine? There were plenty of muppets that got sucked in in 2017/18 who never factored in the extra capex costs. I seen people buying risers, frames, fancy fan systems, air-con. If your not informed there are risks involved. Some of us have been following this since the beginning so its parrot stuff again, but lots of noobs get excited and naysayers or greta types getting all salty. very comical.

Associate
Is there any higher purpose in mining? From what i understand it is like : you get paid to dig a hole and then you get paid to put the dirt back in the hole. And repeat the same process over and over. And from time to time, you get paid a piece of glass that you can exchange right now for a lot of money, that is true.
But your resources go to waste, there is no need for them, it's not like someone needs that hardware power and pays real money for it, then you base your pieces of glass price on how much you got from the guy that used your hardware, it is all a ponzi scheme, some guys are keeping the prices up and they will scam a lot of people in the end.

Associate
Is there any higher purpose in mining? From what i understand it is like : you get paid to dig a hole and then you get paid to put the dirt back in the hole. And repeat the same process over and over. And from time to time, you get paid a piece of glass that you can exchange right now for a lot of money, that is true.
But your resources go to waste, there is no need for them, it's not like someone needs that hardware power and pays real money for it, then you base your pieces of glass price on how much you got from the guy that used your hardware, it is all a ponzi scheme, some guys are keeping the prices up and they will scam a lot of people in the end.
Spot on, if it were for medical research no one would be doing it.
No one will admit to it being so though, people will swear blind it's a good thing :p:D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Spot of, if it were for medical research no one would be doing it.
No one will admit to it be so though, people will swear blind it's a good thing :p:D
And yet millions around the world were Folding@home and doing SETI research for years before Crypto was even a thing. Now no one does because they can make some money.

Associate
And yet millions around the world were Folding@home and doing SETI research for years before Crypto was even a thing. Now no one does because they can make some money.
Exactly the point, no one is doing it because they can make money instead.
millions might sound a big number but in the grand scheme of it billions are now mining for cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom