So much Dong.

Associate
I used to deal with this currency in an airport setting, irrespective of the fact there were no flights to or from Vietnam from that location. Any major currency exchange company should accept it, it's not a rare currency.

You can buy it online from M&S, can't see any reason why they wouldn't accept it at branch level.

Soldato
OP
As for your question about walking into a high street or whatever and get it converted.... you could have had it converted by now if you just had tried.... :p

Post your videos for us asking if they convert dong.
I could make a YouTube channel where I go to high street currency exchanges and try exchange my Dong :D As for having it converted by now, negatory. I am at work :p

I used to deal with this currency in an airport setting, irrespective of the fact there were no flights to or from Vietnam from that location. Any major currency exchange company should accept it, it's not a rare currency.

You can buy it online from M&S, can't see any reason why they wouldn't accept it at branch level.
Thank you for this information. I shall go try exchange it this weekend.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
My girlfriend is Vietnamese and her family go back most years. I would say send it and I can transfer you the £ but I probably not worth for this amount.

Don
I think you would struggle to get them changed over here and wont get close to £35 as that is mid market range

if it helps you can post them to me and ill transfer you £30 by whatever means you want, as long as non are torn as torn notes are an issue in Vietnam

Man of Honour
in Vietnam, where I live, the standard expression is that 'I have big Dong' when you come out the ATM. we also have a chain of coffee shops here called Phuoc Long. Phuoc is a common name here,

Genuine question, because I am curious:

Do people in Vietnam have terms for larger amounts of their currency? Since 1 dong is worth so little, people must be used to dealing with very large numbers in their currency. Like a kilodong or a megadong, but presumably not using Greek prefices. Or are people just used to dealing with millions of units of currency and think nothing of it?

Don

Do people in Vietnam have terms for larger amounts of their currency? Since 1 dong is worth so little, people must be used to dealing with very large numbers in their currency. Like a kilodong or a megadong, but presumably not using Greek prefices. Or are people just used to dealing with millions of units of currency and think nothing of it?

on menus etc they often don't quote the last 3 zeros

smallest general note is 1000 though I have occasionally seen a 500, don't recall any coins but I believe they do exist

biggest note is 500k (£17) and these can be a right pain to get changed in some areas

Associate

on menus etc they often don't quote the last 3 zeros

smallest general note is 1000 though I have occasionally seen a 500, don't recall any coins but I believe they do exist

biggest note is 500k (£17) and these can be a right pain to get changed in some areas

Exactly this, 500k 3mill, 30 mill, 1 billion etc. so a car could be 600 ty, which is 600 million

Associate
dong.jpg

That dong, dong dong dong dong.
Brilliant haha

Back
Top Bottom