*** 4K Player Thread ***

Soldato
TBH waiting to see who the PE2 commentary might be made by, for the USA , will they have a different release ?
[as I posted in movie forum not a fan of attenborough or the story-telling music they feel obliged to compose/add in background - let the animals speak]

Have folks successfully played the utube hdr content ?
seems that if you download them do not need a chromecast ultra player, or have to wait for utube tv s/w update

Soldato
Not sure if this is a disc problem or something with the player.

Was using my Samsung K8500 to finish o watching a film , and at the end thought I would start watching Lucy ....was 1/2 way through when it started playing in ultra slow-mo , rewound it a few seconds (just after the o/d when she goes back to the bad guys appt) and it was all ok for the original section but did it again a few seconds later, as it was quite late I just turned it off and went to bed - just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Gonna try it again tonight, and probably another disc to be sure but just wondered if anyone had come across this before

Soldato
Will the Samsung uhd player (k8500) be any sort of improvement in the Xbox one s? I'm not sure on keeping the Xbox because of how noisy it is. Is the Samsung player silent or at least less intrusive?

Soldato
I cant hear mine at all.......but then it is close to my server so thats probably why :)

I was kinda hoping Universal had made a better menu system for UHD - its still ******** awful (at least two "layers" more than is necessary to actually play a film)

Associate
This came yesterday... Watched first 2 episodes on my Samsung 55KS7000 - it's breathtaking. Absolute must buy if you've got a decent 4K TV which can do HDR justice.

pe2.jpg

Caporegime
I came here to mention that deal.

Bagged Star Trek and Into Darkness for £27. That's the first time I've seen those in some sort of promo. Sure they are mastered in 2k, but on the flipside I bet the HDR is good.

Back
Top Bottom