So, this post office palaver then

Soldato
As a retired solution architect who had involvement in development of accounting solutions waaaaayy back I sympathise with this guy being grilled. He's currently being asked why when giving evidence about system 2 he didn't tell the court that system 1 which was utterly separate to system 2 had had problems with data integrity. Isn't it up to the defense to ask the question about Fujitsu's track record at developing software and its history of defective software for this specific client (i.e. the PO). It's not up to a witness to make statements that are not in answer to a question.

Soldato
not sure if Jenkins is a genius who is playing the inquiry for fools or being set up as the fall guy, looking at his demeaner, at times he looks like a lost puppy, other times hes coming over as arrogant. cant work the guy out

Soldato
not sure if Jenkins is a genius who is playing the inquiry for fools or being set up as the fall guy, looking at his demeaner, at times he looks like a lost puppy, other times hes coming over as arrogant. cant work the guy out
I seriously doubt he would have deliberately tried to hide software issues for his employer if that meant innocents were jailed. The PO was the one doing the prosecution and if Jenkins is to be believed he told prosecution lawyers that there were problems and those statements were not passed to the court.

And I could easily see how he could be made to the scapegoat

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Anybody watch Surviving The Post Office with Will Mellor this evening?
I'm gobsmacked that the Post Offices are still using Horizon, it still makes mistakes but they don't have to worry about the shortfalls now.

Man of Honour
Every time this thread gets bumped and/or I see stuff about it on the news it reminds me I interviewed for Fujitsu (Foots Cray) at the start of the 2000s and was offered the job but turned it down - could have been caught up in this mess :s potentially dodged a bullet.

EDIT: Actually twice that happened about then, also interviewed for a reinsurance company in Tower 42, which went on to have a massive scandal, with people going to jail, in the department I interviewed for but didn't get the job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom