So, this post office palaver then

Caporegime
They should be forced to reopen loads of new post offices for all the ones that disappeared in the last 20 years.

the 3 nearest to me all went, It makes me wonder how many disappeared purely because of this scandal

Soldato
Richard Christou up today former chief executive and executive chairman of Fujitsu Service is very unlikable to be polite. its the usual not me guv. seems they all have same selective memory about what the remember, hes coming across like everyone is beneath him.

Soldato
I listened to some of today’s evidence but I'm still unclear how in-step or whether any type of collusion took place between POL and FJ.

Outside of the Gareth Jenkins debacle and how, why or who instructed him to act as a witness, expert or otherwise. it appears FJ acted like most corporate entities within a commercial supplier to a customer context. Evidence seems to suggest FJ documented various issues, including the ability for remote access to branch terminals, which was seemingly shared at various points to POL executives.

As a former IT consultant, I do have an inkling of sympathy for Gareth Jenkins, who thus far has been described as highly technical and seemingly an open and transparent individual with whomever he interacted with. I've worked within an environment where highly technical individuals have been approached by commercial or legal teams to provide statements around a tailored technical question and goodness knows where those ended up.

Whether instruction was given to him or not, his evidence next week will be interesting.

Soldato
thats going to be key information, it was in contract that fujitsu employees to prepare witness statements of fact, but Richard Christou seem oblivious, the board didnt know this, though says wasnt raised to the board. smells a bit imo

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes. I did see that aspect and the contract when it was displayed on screen. Some dancing on the head of a pin with respect to providing "statements of fact" and in what witness context, expert or otherwise, that meant. On the face of it, it seems or appears Gareth Jenkins has been thrown under a bus, whether by himself and / or by others. However, I'd like to understand what, if any, duty of care was provided to him with respect to his involvement in these legal matters. what instruction was given and what his line management knew / approved or otherwise.

Soldato
Alan Bates got a knighthood in the birthday honours announced last night.

Well deserved
Very well deserved. Bates isn't the only person who's been working hard to make the public aware of this absolute shambles, but he does deserve his honour. Didn't he refuse an MBE last year because Vennells still had hers? Now that's been rescinded and Bates has the knighthood; good stuff all round. Just need this kind of rebalancing of karma to carry on.

Back
Top Bottom