so what would you do....?

Soldato
I agree with above - why not stay put but start to potentially put a few feelers out about setting up yourself? Self employed etc?

Soldato
You'd be surprised how quickly 'live a little' and a year's salary will go. It may also take you longer than you think to get another job.

So wait. Go.. although remember voluntary means you're not allowed to sign on.. so sit there and be pleasant, ensure you're not getting screwed and move on.

It may be that you may find yourself wanting to train up or look for something new..

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I'd wait.

Also, at 49, are you not close to retiring anyway? A 12 month payout could help with that.

Soldato
Made your decision yet?

Agreeing with all the above, i would stay and wait for the redundancy.

Infact i don't think anyone above has said otherwise :D.

Caporegime
i'd line up a job to start shortly after your made redundant.

you have had a cushty life but your kids won't have anywhere near the same lifestyle. the average home is now worth £300K. 30 years ago they were buttons. i know people that have went from a house worth £60K to £800K and that is in Scotland too not London.

unless your planning on downsizing when yours kids move out to then free up some cash to help them get on the ladder. if you like having your current home then keep working. you could always go part time or term time or partially retired or a combination of all 3.

Back
Top Bottom