So who has Free sat HD then ?

Permabanned
Answer a few of these ?`s ?

1. can I use a standard TV areal like I do with my freeview box or do I need a sky areal + dish ?

2. You can get BBC and ITV HD channels cant you these days ?

3. What box should I get ? will be connecting via HDMI and need decent sound outputs for my AMP

4 worth the money if you have a decent size 1080p display ?

Soldato
Answer a few of these ?`s ?

1. can I use a standard TV areal like I do with my freeview box or do I need a sky areal + dish ?

2. You can get BBC and ITV HD channels cant you these days ?

3. What box should I get ? will be connecting via HDMI and need decent sound outputs for my AMP

4 worth the money if you have a decent size 1080p display ?

As the name suggests, you need a satellite

Yes you can get BBC and ITV HD channels

The Humax boxes are pretty decent

Yes I personally think it is worth the money

Soldato
Is there any TV cards that support freesat? I have planned for sometime in the future to get a TV card in my PC to watch freeview, but thinking about it, it would be much better if i could get a freesat card and dish due to HD. Or would i be limited to buying an external set top box for freesat?

Soldato
Is there any TV cards that support freesat? I have planned for sometime in the future to get a TV card in my PC to watch freeview, but thinking about it, it would be much better if i could get a freesat card and dish due to HD. Or would i be limited to buying an external set top box for freesat?
There's quite a few Freesat cards avaliable. I'm currently running a freeview card in my main media pc but looking to replace it with a freesat card.

Soldato
I have the humax foxsat HD, and I'm very pleased with it.

Admitedly you don't get all the channels you do with sky, but I can live without them, although the wife did have a little whinge after finding out she wouldn't be able to watch living tv anymore :rolleyes: she'll get over it :D

I'm now saving 17 quid a month, and that was just for the budget sky deal I was on.

Will be watching the footy tonight in glorious HD :cool:

Soldato

Yea there's Freesat (DVB-S) and Freesat HD (DVB-S2) cards around. Hauppauge HVR-4000 is meant to be pretty good (I've got one but have never actually plugged it into a Sat Dish).

Associate
I have the Humax Foxsat HD too, it's very good and picture quality is excellent on a decent tv, ditched SKY and saved £40ish a month.
We also ditched it at work (2x pool/snooker clubs) and bought a couple of dishes and receivers/cards with which we get Premier footy plus other stuff on Premiere sport portal and Diema 1/2.

Associate
another recent convert here too loving the hd stuff shame there isnt more of it.

expensive initial layout but hey 6 months down the line ill have broke even :)

top picture quality, happy with everything but the remote which seems to have a relaxed operating style :D (humax foxsat hd).

Permabanned
I have freesat , I use a hauppauge Nova-HD-S2 card
I use my media PC to playback all media I have using 1 remote control
I can record up to 12 channels at the same time
It will auto convert HD to mkv for me
It will convert normal ts recordings ( freeview and freesat) to mpg2 and scan the file and mark where adverts are ( hate ads)
I get 3 HD channels for free , BBC , ITV and Luxe

Soldato
actually freesat does have a "freeview" type box version although why anyoen would want that service of is beyond me .. missign a lot of channels compared to standard freeview ....so the clues not in the name... although your slightly right lol

Back
Top Bottom