So who has Free sat HD then ?

rjd

rjd

Associate
Hi wombraider

I use the same card but can only record BBC HD.

Can't view BBC HD (only after it's recorded) ITV HD or Luxe HD.

Not worried about Luxe but if you could post your settings etc which allow you to view and record BBC HD and ITV HD it would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Permabanned
I am using a FREE program called GBPVR to handle all my PVR stuff

If you are having problems with HD ts files , try getting coreavc or the FREE ffdshow filter ( just enable only what you need in this case h264)

rjd

rjd

Associate
Hi wombraider

I tried GBPVR plus others sometime ago and settled on DVB Dream (v1.4i).

I use a Humax PVR (PVR-9200T) for Freeview and bought the card so that I can view BBC News in a window, listen to radio and view/record BBC HD and ITV HD.

With BBC HD I get a static picture but if I record as TS file I can play this back ok using MPC- HC (or DVB Dream).

ITV HD just displays 'This service is currently unavailable' and that's what I get when I record.

CoreAVC is what I use in MPC-HC for playback but I have tried other codecs in the Video setup options but cannot improve the situation.

Could you post a screen print of your BBC HD and ITV HD channel properties (to check against mine) plus any other suggestions please.

I'll also take another look at GBPVR.

Have you tried DVB Dream and if so what do you think of it?

As some stage I will invest in a HD pvr but don't want to buy into Freesat untill I know what HD channels will be available on Freeview later this year ( I am trying to avoid buying two new boxes!)

Permabanned
Hi wombraider

I tried GBPVR plus others sometime ago and settled on DVB Dream (v1.4i).

I use a Humax PVR (PVR-9200T) for Freeview and bought the card so that I can view BBC News in a window, listen to radio and view/record BBC HD and ITV HD.

With BBC HD I get a static picture but if I record as TS file I can play this back ok using MPC- HC (or DVB Dream).

ITV HD just displays 'This service is currently unavailable' and that's what I get when I record.

CoreAVC is what I use in MPC-HC for playback but I have tried other codecs in the Video setup options but cannot improve the situation.

Could you post a screen print of your BBC HD and ITV HD channel properties (to check against mine) plus any other suggestions please.

I'll also take another look at GBPVR.

Have you tried DVB Dream and if so what do you think of it?

As some stage I will invest in a HD pvr but don't want to buy into Freesat untill I know what HD channels will be available on Freeview later this year ( I am trying to avoid buying two new boxes!)

DVB dream , mucked about with it ( its handy for getting the correct PID info - cos they keep messing with the channels at freesat) , but GBPVR is fully featured PVR prog that allows me to play any audio / video file I want as well as recording stuff for me.
I use 2 cards , 1 a dual freeview on , the other is me freesat card.
I love the fact that I only need 1 remote control to do all that with , it also has remote web interface incase you are out and need to set-up a recording.

These are my scan.cache tuning files from gb pvr ( for the 3 HD chhannels)
T:11426,H,27500,23~NID:59~ONID:2~TSID:2315~P:10510~V:3401~VTYPE:H264~A:3402~L:eng(AC3):3400~TXT:2353~PCR:3401~N:>ITV HD
T:10847,V,22000,56~NID:32~ONID:2~TSID:2050~P:6940~V:5500~VTYPE:H264~A:5501~L:eng(AC3)~PMT:258~TXT:5503~PCR:5500~N:>BBC HD (AC3)
T:12643,H,27500,23~NID:32~ONID:2~TSID:2603~P:54206~V:2316~VTYPE:H264~A:2318~L:eng(AC3):265~PCR:2316~N:>Luxe TV HD

The ITV HD service unavailable is due to the fact there is rarely anything on the bloody channel

rjd

rjd

Associate
Hi wombraider

Thanks for the settings. I'll check them against my current ones.

I tried to install the latest version of GBPVR but it installed then uninstalled (went in reverse) and displayed a 'fatal error' message with no clue as to what was wrong/it did not like.

IIRC that's why I gave up last time.

I'm using WinXP so maybe it prefers Vista (but I don't).

Thanks for you help.

Soldato
I am using the Hauppuage WinTV Nova HD S2 as well, with DVBViewer and CoreAVC Pro, all works rather well, although I still have to get the remote setup with it...

ITV HD (as already mentioned) does not transmit all that often (generally every other day), and the audio I find is not as good as the BBC HD.

Apparently Channel 4 & 5 HD will become available on Freesat later this year.

Permabanned
I have gbpvr installed on both my gaming PC and my media center
Both use XP ( I hate vista)

You could try an earlier version if you cant get this one to install

Last edited:

rjd

rjd

Associate
Hi jbloggs

How definite is it that Channels 4 & 5 HD will become available on Freesat later this year?

Have you got a link?

What about Freeview HD channels later this year?

rjd

rjd

Associate
I have gbpvr installed on both my gaming PC and my media center
Both use XP ( I hate vista)

You could try an earlier version if you cant get this one to install

I did try an earlier version but the same thing happened.

GBPVR is proberly too 'bloated' with features I don't need. I like DVB Dream because it offers all I need and as ITV HD only broadcasts 'now and then' I'm not missing much.

I would not normally watch BBC HD live so if I can record that will be fine until I get either a Freeview or Freesat HD PVR.

Thanks again for your help.

Permabanned
IF the same thing happened on 2 different versions , looks like something is up with your PC.

Have you got 2.0 or higher of .NET ? ( I dont use the 3.5 ver fyi)

rjd

rjd

Associate
IF the same thing happened on 2 different versions , looks like something is up with your PC.

Have you got 2.0 or higher of .NET ? ( I dont use the 3.5 ver fyi)

Hi wombraider

According to my installed updates list I have 'Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)'

Is there a way to test it is working ok?

rjd

rjd

Associate
Hm, interesting. I stand corrected.

We'll see what happens in August then :)

Our terrestrial TV signal gets turned off them.

That's why I'm holding off buying a Freesat PVR as more HD channels may be available via Freeview later this year.

But, no mention of Humax etc working on a Freeview HD PVR so still literally a bit up in the air!

Permabanned
Hi wombraider

According to my installed updates list I have 'Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)'

Is there a way to test it is working ok?

Not sure how to test it , but gbpvr relies on it being installed and working correctly.

try the gbpvr support forums to see if there is something relevant to your problem
http://forums.gbpvr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Also check your event viewer to see if there are any messages that might help you pin-point the problem

Back
Top Bottom