Sofas - where to buy?

Soldato
if he thinks ikea isn't comfy he will hate them.

Ikea would be my go to for a informal sofa. Due to washable covers, cheap and for the money do a very good job. They are cheap

M&S for a formal sofa

We've just added these to our TV lounge

Ambient lounge

Ordered a set and added an extra 2 middle seats.
They took twice as long to turn up than promised but we didn't complain as we got a free 2 seater couch aswell

Last edited:
Caporegime
We've just added these to our TV lounge

Ambient lounge

Ordered a set and added an extra 2 middle seats.
They took twice as long to turn up than promised but we didn't complain as we got a free 2 seater couch aswell

how much did that cost though?

dare i say we got a bigger sofa than that from ikea and i think it was like £1200 it's basically a 3 seater, 4 seater and a 3 seater with 2 corner bits (corner sofa in a square shape with one side missing).

build quality also looks suspect compared to ikea however it does look comfier.

Soldato
how much did that cost though?

dare i say we got a bigger sofa than that from ikea and i think it was like £1200 it's basically a 3 seater, 4 seater and a 3 seater with 2 corner bits (corner sofa in a square shape with one side missing).

build quality also looks suspect compared to ikea however it does look comfier.

Cost had nothing to do with our decision. We have 25+ for xmas day so use that room as a dining room. Having each of those sections separate means A: we can move them into the larger lounge and B: we can change the layout to suit.

Don't think you can compare build quality. I can guarantee none of the frames will ever snap..........

They are bean bags!!!

lol

Soldato
We bought ours from Harvey's. We managed to blag a pretty hefty genuine discount due to an error with double discount codes that the manager begrudgingly agreed to. Very happy with them. 4 years later the leather is in excellent condition.

Associate
We bought ours from Harvey's. We managed to blag a pretty hefty genuine discount due to an error with double discount codes that the manager begrudgingly agreed to. Very happy with them. 4 years later the leather is in excellent condition.
I got my sofas from Harveys many years ago. The sofas were good.

Harveys however, were atrocious. I got my sofas on credit and paid down the deposit from my only debit card. I moved and they lost my debit and contact details.
As they were unable to take the money from my account nor contact me (neither being my fault) they sold the debt to a debt collector!

Imagine my surprise when I got a letter through demanding payment from a random debt collector.
To be fair, the lady I spoke to at the debt collectors was very nice and explained what had happened and why they were chasing me.

Paid in full there and then. Crippled my finances for the month, but ended up getting my sofas cheaper than what I was supposed to pay.

Long story short, avoid Harveys.

Soldato
The furniture sheds have totally disgusting sofas in them. Even the sofas on their TV adverts that are meant to showcase the stuff are horrific.

John Lewis are expensive but much much better looking.

Have you tried Made.com? Much more contemporary styling.

What sort of style were you thinking of?

Is there anywhere you can actually try sitting on a Made.com sofa?

Associate
Which is the most comfy of the styles the normal chair, butterfly or the lounger? I’m after a chair for the bedroom to use for tv use but only one chair. The chair back won’t be against a wall either.

I’m 6ft tall also 180lb for reference. I’m a bit worried my shoulders are too wide for the butterfly? Is it more for women as that’s all I ever seem to see sitting on these chairs in photos.

Back
Top Bottom