Sofas - where to buy?

Associate
made.com sofa here - 4 years in and like new, got mine in a boxing day sale

other sofa is next and aged a little worse but is more comfy

Soldato
We looked around all the usual shops when we wanted a new sofa, ended up getting one from "sofasandstuff" as we couldn't find anything we liked from the usual places.

It's great quality and you have thousand of colours/materials to pick from.

Associate
we have had a few sofas over the years, 3 piece, corner, ikea. pretty much all of them leather too. i got sick of the bulky solid fixed shape so wanted something different so looked at Ambient Lounge. it is not to everyone's liking, particularly older people, since it has no springs or wood. on the plus side though, we went for the Mod6 which has allowed us to customise the layout to what we prefer. you can fill up or take out the beads to change the firmness but if you like just laying around its great!
https://www.ambientlounge.co.uk/collections/mod-6-lounge-max
the mod6 is £1200 but with the black friday offer it is 25% off. we ordered on the monday and it arrived friday morning too!

Associate
Any pics? I'm interested in these, shame I've missed the Black Friday offers. Do you know if they have a showroom or send fabric samples?
Sorry for the delay. Yes they have a showroom in nottingham, although very small. They may have others but it is best to message jen via facebook, she wasn't the quickest at replying but they are a small team so process things fast. They also sent out 3 of the 4 swatches available.
It is not to everyones taste, the zip can be a bit hard if you rest on it and it takes a lot of fiddling to get the consistancy of the beads right. There are two zip pockets, one for the base and one for the back so you can soften/harden each part.
I will try to get some pictures up soon.

Associate
Hi, I got my samples a couple of months ago, fabrics seems quite nice. Havent got around to ordering but looking at doing so quite soon. How have your sofas held up? Have they changed shape much and squashed or pretty much the same as when you bought them? Any pics ;)

Associate
Hi, I got my samples a couple of months ago, fabrics seems quite nice. Havent got around to ordering but looking at doing so quite soon. How have your sofas held up? Have they changed shape much and squashed or pretty much the same as when you bought them? Any pics ;)
They squish a bit but you just pick them up and give them a shake. At first i thouggt they were bobbling but it brushed off much like carpet. I am still happy with my purchase because it is so easy to much and different to anything else. It has proved too low for older people though, you are much closer to the ground!. Will sort some pictures...

Associate
Awesome, thanks very much. Is that the lucious grey fabric? Thats the one i was looking at ordering. Glad to hear they hold up pretty well. Can 2 people comfortably fit side by side on 2 seats, and does the seat back support well or lean back a lot when you sit back?

I'm thinking of ordering a 2 seater twin couch, and an avatar lounger and a butterfly single seater. Close to the floor isnt too bad, but i might need to lower my surround speakers, they're already a bit too high for my current sofa so will be like atmos ceiling speakers with these!

Associate
Awesome, thanks very much. Is that the lucious grey fabric? Thats the one i was looking at ordering. Glad to hear they hold up pretty well. Can 2 people comfortably fit side by side on 2 seats, and does the seat back support well or lean back a lot when you sit back?

I'm thinking of ordering a 2 seater twin couch, and an avatar lounger and a butterfly single seater. Close to the floor isnt too bad, but i might need to lower my surround speakers, they're already a bit too high for my current sofa so will be like atmos ceiling speakers with these!
Yeah a single seat is quite wide plus it would squish a bit. If i recall it is the lucious which was sold out before christmas but should be in now. The back doesn't really move much, if you slouch a bit then it is best to have a cushion in there too. I have suffered from back issues for years and struggled to get comfy on other sofas, these have really helped, mainly because i use the foot rest too. The only thing to consider is that once you price it all up for the individual seating you require, is it cheaper to buy a package like we did. You don't have to use all the components and can change your look when you want to.
Your TV's too high on the wall ;) :D
Well, the tv wasn't too high with the old sofa! :p

Soldato
Get some Togo in your life, but up your budget, they are ace.

We don't use our other sofas and will replace them with more Togo's.

I could sell you a 3 seater, 2 seater and chez if you like, all in epic hot pink (from sterling furniture) :p

Associate
Get some Togo in your life, but up your budget, they are ace.

We don't use our other sofas and will replace them with more Togo's.

I could sell you a 3 seater, 2 seater and chez if you like, all in epic hot pink (from sterling furniture) :p

Just Googled ‘Togo sofa’

Cant believe you are recommending the worlds ugliest and yet most expensive sofa!!

Seriously they are hideous and like average £10k!?!

Associate
They arrived. Very happy with them, compared to our old leather corner sofa, so much more space/flexibility and actual seating space there. Just fell asleep on the lounger watching a movie, so can vouch for the comfiness!

X9XRzI9l.jpg

7E2s1Rll.jpg

1gV1vrUl.jpg

Associate
Great stuff. Looks like you got a good selection of styles, the dogs look a little dissapointed you didn't splash out on a pet one!
We regret not getting a single seater, is it a bit more upright/higher than the others? Curious if we should hD got one ro please the pensioners in our life.

Associate
Yeah, i think they'll be trying to climb up on them as soon as our back is turned!

The single seater butterfly chair is probably more reclined and 'slouchy' than the double seater which is the same as your seats. The seat is deeper so you sit further back and the upright back is softer than on the double seater (although i have filled it very full so it's pretty firm), so you end up sitting a bit more reclined. They're very comfy tho!

Back
Top Bottom