Solar panel production figures

Sun playing Peek-A-Boo over here

image.png

Up to 16.7 yield from solax inverter before being sent along but GE portal last recorded update is 16:40 (hopefully issue is fixed on monday when they hard wire it to lan) but it says 15.4, battery took the brunt of that 40>100% it soaked up 9.5 and export is up to 1.6 but doubt will get too much as mum has washing machine on and it is about to hit 5pm.

Last edited:
Slight derail but do any of you solar gang also use an heat pump per chance?
I don't but I will consider one when my boiler reaches end of life. I hope to get rid of gas then.

I am hoping there will be more options then however like a stone battery or a roof mounted heat pump........ hell i may just get a hot water tank and IR radiators ....
but a heat pump will likely be on the list to consider . they DO work but your house insulation needs to be good and also as I understand it you don't want microbore pipes in your system if you plan to reuse your old pipes

Last edited:
I don't but I will consider one when my boiler reaches end of life. I hope to get rid of gas then.

I am hoping there will be more options then however like a stone battery or a roof mounted heat pump........ hell i may just get a hot water tank and IR radiators ....
but a heat pump will likely be on the list to consider . they DO work but your house insulation needs to be good and also as I understand it you don't want microbore pipes in your system if you plan to reuse your old pipes
Im probably getting a house that needs a full refurb and the difference between a brand new gas Vs heat pump makes things pretty close cost wise. Debating if I shouldn't just go gas and solar instead. Air source heat pumps like under floor heating to reach 4.0 cops which adds more cost. I think a hp AND solar would be too much of a cost investment so it's one or the other

19.2 for me with 10kwh exported

but the big shocker is..... my battery isn't going to make it till 2am. it's 11:30 now and only got 3% remaining of a usable 6kwh.

I think this is only the 2nd time since some time in March that happened.

Not too bad today, 10 so far all on home and battery, last GE portal update was 25m ago and battery was on 75% so not long now :) Bloke was supposed to come between 12-2 to sort out the lan connection but with 10m left so far a no show.

Some good news and typical Monday things, got E-Mail from Octopus saying the flux has been set up and they need an export reading, took a bit to figure out how to get it to show, snapped a picture and sent it off then went to the website and saw it needed an open meter reading so assumed because this was my official switchover due date assumed they wanted a meter reading so sent that in and after hitting submit it was a different icon, so I sent off total export picture of 74 and then entered 1336 -_-

Had to give em a bell and chatted with the lady to sort out and we had a good laugh over just Monday things lol

15 so far but sun is out and bright for Flux time!
nice, managed to top battery 4pm but not sure exactly what time as another data gap hit only have a 3.8 system so im between 1-2kw export unless the sun plays silly buggers lol, coming up to 6pm im about breaking even on usage/consumption, at 16:00:57 I was at 2kw exported but up to 2.9 so far now, sun is behind a cloud so only exporting at 145w now lol

But solar guy finally showed up around half 3 (12-2pm timeslot) when I gave up on them turning up and between the time it took to press button on gaming PC and for the display to come on I heard mum shout "Your guy has just pulled up" and I was like REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lol

They couldn't use the LAN cables I bought as the RJ45 connector wouldnt fit through the tighter bit of the hole for wires so got 2 spare 3m lan cables.

Edit
Nice, I got export tab in givenergy app now mwuahahahahaha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom