Solar panel production figures

17.1 for me on Saturday :D

Looking pretty damned bleak this week though so far

image.png

Oh no

image.png

Last edited:
Another wet and windy day here…..on the plus side, ive been down and checked all the panels when its been hitting the really high blustery winds and there is not so much as a creak from them.

Last edited:
1.6 so far :O

Battery isnt going to see me through flux peak today thanks to this SOC issue im having, I am going to have to charge from day rate a little bit, dad picked the single worst week to fire his laser cutter up that eats up over 800w, I swear they do it on purpose every time I do something to save some money lol Would have made it as solar atm give or take is covering house load until dad fired that up.

13.5kwh battery, it reports 49% remaining battery but doing the math there is 3.8 left (despite it tanking on the 14th and me charging up from flat then) but that was 35 minutes ago 20 minutes after dad fired his machine up and its still going.

Last edited:
Yeah basically since Wednesday this part has not had a break, nice having clean panels but would trade for a 10+ kWh day if you know what I mean! ;)
I got a big bit of bird poop on one of my panels and judging by the guy at end of road rain alone wont get it off and the poles to reach up to them are over £100, FOR BASICALLY A LONG STICK

Edit
Solax is getting 100w from current light but not enough to feed into system, PV input on AIO inverter is 0. Cutoff for solar to start feeding through is 200w

Last edited:
Well below forecast here, with just 7.6kWh so far.

Kirrin Cottage down near Warminster is on just 0.82 kWh :eek:

Yes, but it needs to be a really strong long stick, or it will flex and break, but don't worry the rain will eventually wash it off.
You should see the guys panel up the street to me, its been there for months and all the rain seems to do is make it paste like and spread it over rest of panel lol

After charging at 6kw for 15 minutes to get me through flux peak rate because of dads laser thing earlier its now gotten super bright out and solar is bringing in over 1kw REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lol

Pole will either be supported by weight of building or resting on panels via brush, will have to look into getting one of some kind though so when it starts raining I can give a once over.

Edit
I'll see if google maps van has driven by recently.

Edit 2
Its not looking much better than this

image.png

Edit 3
Better picture :)

Last edited:
WOW, that is bad! Is there an aerial above, or are they (seagull's I presume) sitting on the edge of the panel.

Its a bit more complicated than just supporting the weight of the brush, you'll also need to get pressure on the brush, and if the pole flexes, then no pressure. It's also about being light enough to manoeuvre when you've got a very long pole.

PS. I'm one of those super annoying dads :D But at least I built my system.

WOW, that is bad! Is there an aerial above, or are they (seagull's I presume) sitting on the edge of the panel.

Its a bit more complicated than just supporting the weight of the brush, you'll also need to get pressure on the brush, and if the pole flexes, then no pressure. It's also about being light enough to manoeuvre when you've got a very long pole.

PS. I'm one of those super annoying dads :D But at least I built my system.
edited for better picture, should have done that in first place, had a lot of rain this year and didn't seem to budge any of it.

I would have assumed resting pressure would have been enough to get anything loose so rain could wash it away whilst I was standing out there in a raincoat when its hammering down :D

Last edited:
Finished the day at 14.1kWh, 15.65 exported, be interesting to see what the net cost is for today.

edited for better picture, should have done that in first place, had a lot of rain this year and didn't seem to budge any of it.

I would have assumed resting pressure would have been enough to get anything loose so rain could wash it away whilst I was standing out there in a raincoat when its hammering down :D

That aerial needs moving, they are obviously sitting on that, and making extra large deposits.

Resting pressure won't do it, if you've ever tried to wash it off a car after its baked on you will know what I mean, its like concrete.

Back
Top Bottom