Solar panel production figures

Hi, Where do you get a solar forecast from please?
I used to use Forecast solar, but it seemed very inaccurate, it could have been my programming though.

I now use the built in Victron forecast - see the link in my signature, if it asks for a password, just click the back button or hit the link again, also sometimes it doesn't show the forecast on the shared site.

4kW is good going at this time of the year, I'm still struggling to get above 2.5kW-ish on 4.8kW of panels at the moment. Is that mainly from the Solaredge system?
I would think so, they are at a better angle so do generate a lot more this time of year.

You may well have peaks that are higher, but you just don't see them. Looking at the graphs at 11:18, it shows as 2.864kW, but my Node Red updates every 5 seconds, whereas the graphs only log the data every minute, so will easily miss the peaks in between, if that makes sense.

I worked out our full year costs for 2023 today, minus £405, that includes referrals, FITS, export and saving sessions. The first three months was on standard variable rate as well, and our Feb 2023 bill estimated annual costs for electric at £1730 and gas at £960, so a saving of around £3k.

Payback will be about 7 years ;) actually a bit less, as 3 months last year was on SVR.

@john_smith Did you move to another country today? Perfect graph and nearly 20 kWh, very nice.

Last edited:
At winter time that's amazing.
If you mean the exporting, I always try and export some at peak rate, but due to saving sessions only export between 16:00 & 16:30, even if the batteries aren't full, but I stop if I get down to 55% SOC, although I had 74% left at 16:30 today which is a novelty at this time of year.

Gen too but I guess your not impressed yourself as its the additional array adding to the total now. What would the old setup do (on its own) this time of year by the way?
It's the original array generating most of the power at the moment, yesterday it generated 9 kWh, which means the garage array only added 2.7 kWh. The panels on the garage are at 10 degrees east/west, and also shaded around midday by a neighbours tree, due to the low height of the sun.

Look at what Oldman generated with a 2.94 kW array yesterday, his is all south facing. 10.1 kWh, he's only 13 miles away from me as the crow flies.

Last edited:
Happy to be proven wrong if there is a problem with the software this end but seems to stack up with the graphs.

Looking at what others have generated today with south facing systems its perfectly possible, it's going to be one corker of a system come the summer months.

Some systems count battery discharge as PV yield, and we also have the odd person posting from over sea's, hence I was wondering where you was located.

A perfect solar day, and 13.4 kWh, 10.3 of that was from the SE system.

This shows just how bad the low sun and resultant shading affects my garage panels.

Victron-2024-01-15.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom