Solar panel production figures

really happy to see my generation ramping up consistently. my system is never going to power the world (7.9kwh today) but it does what it needs to do for me and also a little extra on nice days.

22.1 kWh, had a nice day for a change, the cloud covering the rest of the country just seemed to melt away as it approached the far south east of Kent.

17.9 exported as well.

I need 25 kWh to reach 300, only 21.6 forecast for the next two days, which also look rather yet, so I can't see us reaching either target.

Just over 20 here today it’s been a good week, 322.4kWh for February now.

I was comparing my last two months bills with the same dates the previous year and a solid drop in the bills thanks to the panels / batteries.

I see people exporting a significant percentage of their generation here, I assume that’s where people have Gas / Oil for heating as opposed to full electric?

I see people exporting a significant percentage of their generation here, I assume that’s where people have Gas / Oil for heating as opposed to full electric?
I have gas heating. I not only export generation, but also my off peak imports. I alway charge the batteries off peak at about 17p kWh, once the batteries are full I export at about 17p, come peak time I force export at about 30p kWh.

I import at 7.5p overnight and export at 15p so the battery gets charged to 100% daily and any excess generation is exported once the battery gets topped back up to 100%. The EV gets charged from the grid overnight and never from solar.

My array should generate twice my annual household demand (not inc EV) and the battery is far larger than I need currently. However, once my ASHP goes in, it will probably be sized appropriately to demand, if a little under. I don’t think adding another battery will be worth it cost wise though.

Last edited:
I import at 7.5p overnight and export at 15p so the battery gets charged to 100% daily and any excess generation is exported once the battery gets topped back up to 100%. The EV gets charged from the grid overnight and never from solar.

Can I ask what tariff you are on? Is it Octopus GO? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom