Solar panel production figures

so your parameter on the pvoutput update must be wrong somewhere!

It appears to be slightly out each day, and the more generation the bigger the error. It gets the data via the SolarEdge API so I don't actually send anything, so if you have any suggestions as to what parameters may be wrong please let me know.

I've changed the polling time, so I'll see if that makes a difference.

I have three different points of measurements. CT clamp on my powerwall, CT clamp on my MyEnergi setup and the meter. The meter is all that matters. All three are slightly different.
PW says 10.5, MyEnergi saying 10.1 for today. I send MyEnergi to PVO.

It appears to be slightly out each day, and the more generation the bigger the error. It gets the data via the SolarEdge API so I don't actually send anything, so if you have any suggestions as to what parameters may be wrong please let me know.

I've changed the polling time, so I'll see if that makes a difference.

It's sending the data so polling probably doesn't matter unless the data is somehow delayed.

Can see on the github link for what I'm running that it's sending the data from Home Assistant values on the schedule you set in Home Assistant.

Code:
shell_command:
  pvoutputcurl: >
    curl -d "d={{now().strftime("%Y%m%d")}}"
         -d "t={{now().strftime("%H:%M")}}"
         -d "v1={{ (states('sensor.pv_energy_today') | float * 1000)  | int }}"
         -d "v2={{ states('sensor.pv_power') }}"
         -d "v6={{ states('sensor.grid_voltage') }}"
         -H "X-Pvoutput-SystemId: <system-id>"
         -H "X-Pvoutput-Apikey: <api-key>"
         https://pvoutput.org/service/r2/addstatus.jsp

This is submitting "-d v1=value" to pvoutput, which then takes that value and applies it to your data based on the api key and system id you send.

Whatever you have going on, it sounds like it's not sending that parameter with up to date info.

Last edited:
@HungryHippos I'm not using Home Assistant:

PV-Automatic-uploads.jpg
Solar-Edge-API.jpg

PV Output queries the SolarEdge API directly, my SolarEdge inverter uploads to the SolarEdge servers, and that is where PV Output gets its data.

The rule option will allow me to alter the the power, but it should be correct (although its not) as its coming direct from SolarEdge servers.

Last edited:
Yep doesn't look like you can change anything there, so it's just sending the data incorrectly to pvoutput somehow, or calculating it in a different way.

On mine it's the same as the headline figure I see in the portal for the day, so always 100% the same (questionably accuracy as always).

Back
Top Bottom