Solar panel production figures

Ffs. SSE are useless. Both inverters kicking in and out. Grid error over voltage. My solar edge is reporting 263v.

I called SSE and reported the issue. Amazingly an oik arrived here last night at gone 6pm. Gutted I was out so my wife had to relay info. He turned everything off, said "cant see an issue" but somebody will come back on Monday and install some monitoring equipment.

Luckily I have HA log files.

The past week. The local transformer went bang just before lunchtime on 1st August. Spot what happens to the grid voltage!

And past 7 months:

My supply almost topped 260V today. It has been trending up quite a bit lately but for the last couple of weeks it has barely been in spec. It dips back down in the evening so I expect that it is local microgeneration that is driving the voltage up but still, they need to be keeping on top of it as stuff will start getting damaged if it keeps on climbing.

My supply almost topped 260V today. It has been trending up quite a bit lately but for the last couple of weeks it has barely been in spec. It dips back down in the evening so I expect that it is local microgeneration that is driving the voltage up but still, they need to be keeping on top of it as stuff will start getting damaged if it keeps on climbing.
Anything over 253 needs to be sorted, if they don't want to do anything go to energy ombudsman and make formal complaint to DNO if they don't want to sort it stating any damages to equipment due to the over voltage will be on them to replace.

Today Forecast 12.56
Today Generation 13.7

image.png

Agile is looking promising for Sunday night and Monday morning, will be able to update BMS and calibrate battery.

Not a very good day today, but I was glad, given I was working outside, in the loft and on the roof running in cables for more solar.

24.24 generated and 19.11 exported

I called SSE and reported the issue. Amazingly an oik arrived here last night at gone 6pm. Gutted I was out so my wife had to relay info. He turned everything off, said "cant see an issue" but somebody will come back on Monday and install some monitoring equipment.

Luckily I have HA log files.

I've a couple of times had to get someone out over the years, they tend not to believe you, but then you show them the logs, in my case it was the logs from the UPS. Not sure whether or not they did install a data logger, don't think they did on either occasion. The engineer last time told me they have to alter the tap point on the transformer twice a year to adjust the voltage, back then it was the early hours of the morning our voltage was rising.

expect that it is local microgeneration that is driving the voltage up but still, they need to be keeping on top of it as stuff will start getting damaged if it keeps on climbing.

Don't forget if your exporting you'll see more than grid voltage, your inverter will raise the voltage to export, but clearly the voltage is drifting too high - this is the reason the limit exports. The acceptable range is 216.2 to 253.0 volts

Last edited:
27.50 made today on the house the waters hot and we exported 4Kwh and got the battery's to 100%.
And the workshop made 9Kwh and exported 4Kw with full battery's out there

House System is East West
down in not so sunny Devon.
East 8 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
West 10 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
Givenergy Gen3 5kwh hybrid
2 x 9.5 battery's

Workshop system is South/East
2440w of panels two 720w strings
one 1000w string
Hybrid inverter with 4x 12v 100Amp
Battery's
Plus grid tie inverter as well

51.92 generated today, 30.81 exported.

I really didn't think today was going to be great but production ramped right up after midday and held throughout the afternoon and into the evening, with my NW-facing panels really showing their value this evening. They crossed over at about 17:00 but by 18:00 the NW panels were putting out about 3x the SE set and stayed supporting the house load until about 20:00. I exported for 12 straight hours today which is more than I had down in my back-of-an-envelope calcs, so that's really good to see.

Not a very good day today, but I was glad, given I was working outside, in the loft and on the roof running in cables for more solar.

24.24 generated and 19.11 exported

I've a couple of times had to get someone out over the years, they tend not to believe you, but then you show them the logs, in my case it was the logs from the UPS. Not sure whether or not they did install a data logger, don't think they did on either occasion. The engineer last time told me they have to alter the tap point on the transformer twice a year to adjust the voltage, back then it was the early hours of the morning our voltage was rising.

Don't forget if your exporting you'll see more than grid voltage, your inverter will raise the voltage to export, but clearly the voltage is drifting too high - this is the reason the limit exports. The acceptable range is 216.2 to 253.0 volts
I have noticed a similar problem recently and looking at HA & GivTCP to reduce this by gradually diverting to the batteries as the voltage peaks.

Anyway today, cloudy until 1pm but still managed 57.2 kWh

Outgoing on intelligent octopus is dropping to 8p/kWh from September 2nd :mad:

Where has this been mentioned? Mine was due (12 month fixed) to end in November. I contacted them yesterday and asked for a 12 month refix. They have it to me so I’m now fixed at 15p till next August.

Where has this been mentioned? Mine was due (12 month fixed) to end in November. I contacted them yesterday and asked for a 12 month refix. They have it to me so I’m now fixed at 15p till next August.
If you look at my next post I corrected myself - it was for business panel rates, but likely to be reflected in domestic rates at some point.

Back
Top Bottom