Solar panel production figures

We're all falling down.

SSE been this morning. Confirmed i'm at 260 when he tested. Said they need to turn the new transformer down.....but he can't say when that might be.

Gutted, this will be the 5th day with an underperforming setup.

We're all falling down.

SSE been this morning. Confirmed i'm at 260 when he tested. Said they need to turn the new transformer down.....but he can't say when that might be.

Gutted, this will be the 5th day with an underperforming setup.

I too have complained to my DNO today, I've seen 258v this morning and I'm currently sat at 256v as I type this. I don't think I've seen an in-spec voltage (230v -6/+10%) since I've started monitoring it. One of my LED drivers has packed up as well, coincidence probably but the supply voltage can't be helping.

26.3kWh today.

SP Energy Networks came out as promised and agreed the supply voltage was too high. He went off in his van to "adjust the network" so I guess tomorrow we'll see if whatever that means has made any difference. The voltage is definitely lower this evening than it was at this time yesterday (and in spec) but the really high spikes are during the daytime so we'll see. My Fluke is showing 246.2v as I type this - and I'm generating ~150w of solar and discharging my batteries for the rest of the load so this is promising.

26.3kWh today.

SP Energy Networks came out as promised and agreed the supply voltage was too high. He went off in his van to "adjust the network" so I guess tomorrow we'll see if whatever that means has made any difference. The voltage is definitely lower this evening than it was at this time yesterday (and in spec) but the really high spikes are during the daytime so we'll see. My Fluke is showing 246.2v as I type this - and I'm generating ~150w of solar and discharging my batteries for the rest of the load so this is promising.
Glad they are actually doing something to resolve this, lot of companies just try to ignore it.

Down today to only 18.50Kwh made on the house we got to battery full and hot water but only exported 2.60Kwh and battery at 80% at 20,15
Workshop got to full battery zero export after making 7Kwh

House System is East West
down in not so sunny Devon.
East 8 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
West 10 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
Givenergy Gen3 5kwh hybrid
2 x 9.5 battery's

Workshop system is South/East
2440w of panels two 720w strings
one 1000w string
Hybrid inverter with 4x 12v 100Amp
Battery's
Plus grid tie inverter as well

"Thank you for getting in touch with us and for confirming your details. I have renewed your Outgoing Octopus 12M Fixed tariff on your behalf. This will run for another 12 months from 18th Oct 2024 - 18th Oct 2025.Have a lovely rest of your evening!"

Forecast 20.72
Generation 22.6

Battery calibration after BMS update overnight so imported 17.5 at 8-10p and exported 18.4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom