Solar panel production figures

That's a huge number! What's your system like?
Currently 15.75 kW of panels (39 No.) just adding a further 10 No. to bring it to 19.8kW. Unfortunately, not all are ideally orientated so it's more of a case of quantity over efficiency!

Most of the original setup are spread across flat roof areas, with 6 No. Mounted vertical south facing.

Two No. Givenergy 5 kW Gen3 hybrid inverters each with 2 x 9.5 kWh batteries (38 kWh total).
All panels have Tigo optimisers with CCA and TAP to monitor individual panels.

I nearly broke 100 kWh a couple of times in June.

Last edited:
Currently 15.75 kW of panels (39 No.) just adding a further 10 No. to bring it to 19.8kW. Unfortunately, not all are ideally orientated so it's more of a case of quantity over efficiency!

Most of the original setup are spread across flat roof areas, with 6 No. Mounted vertical south facing.

Two No. Givenergy 5 kW Gen3 hybrid inverters each with 2 x 9.5 kWh batteries (38 kWh total).
All panels have Tigo optimisers with CCA and TAP to monitor individual panels.

I nearly broke 100 kWh a couple of times in June.

Are you not hamstrung by an export limitation? I have a 5kW limitation and my usage, although quite high, is not anywhere near enough to consume the total generation predicted for my system even on an annual basis and I can neither store the delta nor export it during the really high peaks. A larger system (eg using the flat roof of my garage etc) wouldn't help this at all for me :(

I admire your system from a numbers POV but I'd love to know how it works out for you overall...

In my case I have an 11.68 export limit, but when my next lot of panels come online I'll have 15.5kWp of panels. What I'm planning on doing is charging the batteries at a slower rate, so some exported, some to the batteries.

Also due to panel orientation it's very unlikely to reach peak power.

Last edited:
A perfect day today, but well down on my best day, made 44.43 and exported 38.44.

Best day was 57 or 58, can't remember now.
The sun was the same height in the sky as 30th April, which coincidentally was almost exactly the same weather. 30th April for us did 51.1kWh, today 46.2kWh. It's less, but it only reached 23C here and there was a strong breeze to cool the panels.

On another note, we passed 10mWh generated today since the first array was installed.

In my case I have an 11.68 export limit, but when my next lot of panels come online I'll have 15.5kWp of panels. What I'm planning on doing is charging the batteries at a slower rate, so some exported, some to the batteries.

11.68kW export limit would be the stuff of dreams for me. I don't think I have the capability to only charge when above an export threshold* which is a shame as between June and August I'd be better off that way. As it stands I charge in my Intelligent Go 7p/kWh window so I can guarantee that I don't pull anything from the grid during peak hours and always get to export at 15p/kWh, even if that means I'm shedding some power when above my export capacity.

I think I'll have to start building a dataset for "wasted export" annually and see if that justifies a change of approach for my system. I used 28kWh of electricity today which is a fairly typical day so generating 100kWh and only being able to export ~40kWh of the 70kWh delta would be frustrating. Not a problem I have, but it is interesting to crunch the numbers for sure!

*I could easily write some software to achieve this but I think it'd be horribly reactive to the point where I'd potentially be (briefly) charging from the grid if there was a sudden drop in production due to a passing cloud etc)

Last edited:
Are you not hamstrung by an export limitation? I have a 5kW limitation and my usage, although quite high, is not anywhere near enough to consume the total generation predicted for my system even on an annual basis and I can neither store the delta nor export it during the really high peaks. A larger system (eg using the flat roof of my garage etc) wouldn't help this at all for me :(

I admire your system from a numbers POV but I'd love to know how it works out for you overall...

As Ron-ski, I make sure the batteries are relatively low in the morning and when necessary offset higher charging during the peak generation times.
Each 5 kW inverter can actually cope with up to 8.3 kWh of PV (3.3 kW to the battery & 5 kW to the house/grid) so in theory 16.6 kW.
Again the orientation racks back my peak but extends it considerably over the day which helps considerably (fortunately export matches the output of these two inverters).

I think the solar would do better if the weather forecast was more accurate as there are too many on the fence as it isn't easy to really predict what a system should output each year so how do you reliably look in to your ROI? More people would get it if they could reliably predict what was going on. What happened to accurate(ish) weather forecasts that we had in the 90s and 2000s and probably before? This latest lot is just rubbish, all the power of AI, all the tech you could ever need yet they cant even get "tomorrows" weather right until the day it happens and it all changes as the day goes on even then. News flash, I can see it changing, at this point why even bother telling me anything? "sun hours" today are X, my a**e. It means nothing if there are constant blankets of clouds. /rant.

Anywho, 39Kwh. 28.5Kwh exported yesterday.

Today, should have been more.. Wont even break 30Kwh I shouldn't imagine, too much cloud. I blame Kier Starmer, everyone else seems to.

Back
Top Bottom