Solar panel production figures

I enabled it around lunchtime.

The figures are right, let’s see how it looks tomorrow.

The massive spike in power used I think is auto generated. I kept deleting it but as soon as energy used hit a value the reading for power came back.
Its just you'd expect the energy used to be increasing, and the power used to be fluctuating not zero most the time, unless pretty much everything is off.

You'd need to upload 24/7 not just when there is solar.

PS You'll got the big spike because the system thinks you used that all in one go.
PPS. I'm only uploading AC power, and therefore energy used is calculated - I upload every 60 seconds.

Last edited:
I’ve set the sensors on the grid, so I’m hoping it records correctly tonight.

But yes I might change it to record the load going into the house so it shows actual usage throughout the day regardless of source (grid, battery, solar)

Its just you'd expect the energy used to be increasing, and the power used to be fluctuating not zero most the time, unless pretty much everything is off.

You'd need to upload 24/7 not just when there is solar.

PS You'll got the big spike because the system thinks you used that all in one go.
PPS. I'm only uploading AC power, and therefore energy used is calculated - I upload every 60 seconds.

OK, it's working as expected...

....but do I want to show

1. what I've pulled from the grid?
2. what the house is using?
3. do I care?

at the moment I'm thinking 3 and will probably turn it back off.

OK, it's working as expected...

....but do I want to show

1. what I've pulled from the grid?
2. what the house is using?
3. do I care?

at the moment I'm thinking 3 and will probably turn it back off.
As it's showing grid consumption I'm guessing you charged the batteries overnight, and then pretty much running off solar/batteries?

I think there is a privacy setting, which means only you can see power consumption.

As it's showing grid consumption I'm guessing you charged the batteries overnight, and then pretty much running off solar/batteries?

I think there is a privacy setting, which means only you can see power consumption.
Correct. It's just results in showing a not very sexy graph. :-)

Where are you getting the projections from?
I used PVGIS to create a monthly profile based on my system.

The figures PVGIS spat out were quite high so I reduced them down based on the annual projection given to me by my installer when they quoted for the system.

There are other services available that will do it.

Back
Top Bottom