Somethingtodo's PSU roundup

Associate
I was looking at the cwt site because i might get one, thanks for letting me know it exists!

Anyway, I wanted to get the 550w one, which is £56 ex del, here are the specs off the site:

output Voltage Regulation Min .Load Max .Load Ripple
V1 +5V ±3% 0A 40A 50mV
V2 +12V ±3% 0.8A 24A 120mV
V3 -12V ±5% 0A 1.0A 120mV
V4 -5V ±5% 0A 0.5A 50mV
V5 +3.3V ±3% 0A 32A 50mV
V6 +5Vsb ±5% 0A 2.0A 50mV

Cheers

Dave

Soldato
Any ideas on the silenX 400w <14 dBA Pro iXtrema PSU?

Thinking about getting one from the states.

Have read quite a few reviews on thm that really like them, but some more opinions would be nice.

Soldato
*looks down at feet*

Well....

*looks ashamed*

Could you...uh...I mean, please could you, that is... uuhhmmm... well I kinda would like a, errmm... space. You know, between the Silenx, and the chieftec...

*kicks dirt with toe*

Only if you want to though...

*runs away*

Associate
Well done on the guide somethingtodo. Very informative :)

I'd just like to affirm the good things being said about the Antec TruePower 430w. I have one and it's excellent. Solid and quiet and well worth the extra money you pay over poop like Q-Tec.

Animal

Associate
Top thread! :)

I'm a Q-Tec owner and I can't say I've had any trouble with mine. However, I'm planning a system upgrade in the next couple of weeks and I won't be retaining it after the reputation it seems to have gained...plumping for a Tagan 480W :D

Associate
Sparkle FSP400-60PFN 400W

DC Voltage-----------Max Output

+3.3V------------------28A
+5V--------------------40A
+12V------------------15A(18 peak)
-5V--------------------0.3A
-12V-------------------0.8A
+5Vsb-----------------2.0A

+3.3V & +5v=235W
+3.3&+5v&+12=380W

Toleration 5% on all rails.

Been powering my KR7A-Raid for quite sometime, until its recent demise - hence my ability to now post its specs. Looks to be the same one OCUK stock @ £64 inc - says GN on side. The link on that page that doesn't work is now Here - suggest an update.

Wierd how the 12v is lower but the 5v much higher than the 300w.

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by somethingtodo
Somethingtodo’s PSU roundup.

I noticed that there isn’t much info on these forums about power supply units, so I decided to do a round up of them myself, obviously I am not going to include every psu on the market, but I will include quite a few, I hope you find this guide useful. I will include the ouput in amps and watts, the higher the amps, the better, the wattage you need depends on the amount of hardware you have, there is a rough guide here : http://takaman.jp/psu_calc.html?english

that link doesnt work for me i think the page has gone! do you have another link? it looks as though it could be very useful :)

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Phantom
still not working for me :(

found this one though: http://www.adecy.com/psu/

(aparently it says I need a 414W PSU. I do have an enermax which is slightly higher... Enermax 435W i think, do you thikn its insufficient and somehting a lot higher would be better?)

that site is wrong, it overates everything so it says you need more than you do. your psu should be fine. what are your rails?

Soldato
has anyone bought one of those new hyperpower PSU's, they have a very tasty tripple fan 520w unit. Quite a good price too.

I havent read any reviews on them though and I know how important a quality PSU is.

any feedback on it or shall I just get the Tagan 480w unit instead

Back
Top Bottom