Somethingtodo's PSU roundup

NiN

NiN

Associate
about the Tagan psu, its quite well priced afaik.

However I've read other reviews which dont quite big it up as much as it is there.

As the saying goes, the only person I believe is the person that owns it and has had experience and knows what there talking about.

in the case of not being able to attain such information, I read multiple reviews and come to my own conclusion.

My TrueBlue480W I can successfully say IS better than my Vantec ION 400W psu overall...

however it is a tad noiser.

Soldato
Well done Somethingtodo sa'h! I've lost count of the number of times people ask about PSUs on here.This will also help reduce peoples ignorance concerning wattage figures and ampage outputs too.

Well done indeed sa'h.Do I hear a cry for 'Sticky!' go up among the techies of GH? I think so :D

Oh and have a handful of stars on me.I always appreciate well thought out,handwritten threads rather than a copy/paste job.

Associate
just ordered the tagan 480, hopefully it will silence the rig in the bedroom which has a sparkle sounding like a gentle hairblower!

the vantech ion 400w looks to be decent and quiet but they only give something like 16A on the 12v i think, in fact a lot of the well known psu's here seem to be stingy on the 12v rail.

Soldato
Originally posted by Werewolf

Q-tech 550 Duel Fan Gold

+3.3V-------------------30A peak (20A Max)----------NOT Stated
+5V----------------------40A peak (35A max)---------NOT Stated
+12V--------------------40A peak (35A max)----------NOT Stated
-5V-----------------------0.5A-----------------------------NOT Stated
-12V----------------------0.5A-----------------------------NOT Stated
+5Vsb---------------------NOT Stated-------------------NOT Stated

Where are these readings from? The Q-TEC's 12v line is closer to 15A than 40A

Commissario
Originally posted by Timmeh
Where are these readings from? The Q-TEC's 12v line is closer to 15A than 40A

from the label on the PSU itself.

i thought it was being optimistic about the outputs but that's what the label says

[edit]

ARGHHHHH

apologies, just realised i entered the ampage for the 5v line in the 12v lines spec as well.

It should be 20A Peak and 14a max

Soldato
Originally posted by anachronox
just as i thought this baby eats the antec 480w for breakfast.

I read the review.... no it doesn't. Software readings are all pretty unreliable (as you can see from his table), so only look at the 12v and 5v voltmeter readings. The Antec has the most accurate rails. Then the reviewer says that because the 5v rail isn't miles over (it's +0.02v), it's a bad thing! Also, what difference does the exhaust temperature make? It depends on fan speeds and efficiency of the PSU, it's not really an indicator of anything. If they are both as quiet as each other, go with the Antec as it clearly has better air flow. I'd say that they both did pretty well, but they weren't stress tested or anything, not the best review ever...

Soldato
Originally posted by Werewolf

Q-tech 550 Duel Fan Gold

+3.3V-------------------30A peak (20A Max)----------NOT Stated
+5V----------------------40A peak (35A max)---------NOT Stated
+12V--------------------20A peak (14A max)----------NOT Stated
-5V-----------------------0.5A-----------------------------NOT Stated
-12V----------------------0.5A-----------------------------NOT Stated
+5Vsb---------------------NOT Stated-------------------NOT Stated

corrected

^ More like a 350w psu then :D

Back