Sony HT A9 impressions?

Soldato
Meant to be due back in stock in April.

Sony store in Enfield also has this available to demo now if you live close.

Soldato
Oooh where have you heard about April? Also no not near Enfield but might check out a local Sony store to see if they have it :D thanks for the tips!

I managed to get a proper listen of the system in a normal living room environment. With the update and bug fixes that came, I'm trading my Sonos system in as soon as I can get my hands on it lol! Due to this I emailed a few retailers and a few have said it's on order for them with an ETA of April, so not guaranteed, but fingers crossed.

I don't need the eco system of the Sonos and the wife would go mental with wires, so this is the next best thing. I only tend to watch TV and movies these days anyway, so music isn't a priority and currently upgraded all my storage so ripping all my disks now. With the upgrade also to a Panasonic JZ1500 will be able to get DTS:HD/X as well.

It just feels more like my old 5.1 wired system did if not better and the Atmos bubble is fantastic. Last time I got a demo of it was in a store and the room wasn't setup the best. However, hearing it in a room which is almost identical to mine I have itchy fingers ready for that order button.

Soldato
I managed to get a proper listen of the system in a normal living room environment. With the update and bug fixes that came, I'm trading my Sonos system in as soon as I can get my hands on it lol! Due to this I emailed a few retailers and a few have said it's on order for them with an ETA of April, so not guaranteed, but fingers crossed.

I don't need the eco system of the Sonos and the wife would go mental with wires, so this is the next best thing. I only tend to watch TV and movies these days anyway, so music isn't a priority and currently upgraded all my storage so ripping all my disks now. With the upgrade also to a Panasonic JZ1500 will be able to get DTS:HD/X as well.

It just feels more like my old 5.1 wired system did if not better and the Atmos bubble is fantastic. Last time I got a demo of it was in a store and the room wasn't setup the best. However, hearing it in a room which is almost identical to mine I have itchy fingers ready for that order button.
Cool you will have a similar set up to me when mine arrives. I am 65jz1500 and looking to pair it with my back order HT -A9 and SW5 sub.

Associate
OP

Sounds gooooood I'm either going to get this or the Dali Oberon 5 5.1 speaker package if HT A9 supply is still non existent. Won't be getting this until July at the earliest anyway so hopefully stock is better by then!

Soldato
Just had a phone call to say mine is arriving next Thursday. Had it ordered at 3 places so will cancel the other 2 if it definitely comes in. :cool:

Soldato
Where is it coming from? RS, JL, Sevenoaks or Sony Center? I would guess the latter?

Yeah Sony center. Didn't even pre-order from there. Just went into my local one a month ago and left my details. Just asked them to call me once their pre-orders were out the way. (they only had 8) and if they got anymore in. Said he fulfilled the pre-orders within the last 2 weeks and he has 1 more unit coming in next week, so happy days.

I know other stores have been getting batches as well as few other forums have said their place in the queue has dropped.

Hopefully the wait will be worth it, but we shall see. Will be doing a direct comparison with my Sonos setup. If the differences are minimal, I'll probably send it back / sell it, as seems there are new Sonos upfiring/down-firing rears on the way which will definitely help the Arc improve.

I'll keep you updated either way.

Soldato
Yeah Sony center. Didn't even pre-order from there. Just went into my local one a month ago and left my details. Just asked them to call me once their pre-orders were out the way. (they only had 8) and if they got anymore in. Said he fulfilled the pre-orders within the last 2 weeks and he has 1 more unit coming in next week, so happy days.

I know other stores have been getting batches as well as few other forums have said their place in the queue has dropped.

Hopefully the wait will be worth it, but we shall see. Will be doing a direct comparison with my Sonos setup. If the differences are minimal, I'll probably send it back / sell it, as seems there are new Sonos upfiring/down-firing rears on the way which will definitely help the Arc improve.

Decent let me know your you find it!

Soldato

Actually I guess I will know soon. Just called richer sounds they are expecting 15 units to come into their warehouse in the next few days, told me it should be with me within 5-10 working days as I'm 8th in queue.

Associate
OP
Actually I guess I will know soon. Just called richer sounds they are expecting 15 units to come into their warehouse in the next few days, told me it should be with me within 5-10 working days as I'm 8th in queue.
Cool as others have said let us know how you find it! It will be interesting to hear if the newest batches have any connectivity issues at all still

Soldato
20220512-151308.jpg

Picked them up at lunch time. Forgot how big they are haha. Testing some Atmos true hd and DTS:X content at the moment. Sounds absolutely incredible though, deffo better than my Sonos setup. Will try some standard content shortly and have a proper play around.

Back
Top Bottom