Sony is pulling Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store and offering full refunds...

Soldato
At what point do Sony and MS get questioned for allowing it on to their stores in this state?
I expect they were told the patches would resolve the issues which clearly hasn't happened

Due to that Sony have opted for refund and stopped selling it.

Granted they may not of been told that and accepted the risk of hoping people would let development team get away with it

Soldato
I expect they weren't fully aware, so fair play to Sony for pulling it. The real question is will MS follow them?
Why would they need to, there has been no issues getting a refund from MS for it from what I've read, Sony on the other hand was still actively telling people no after CDPR told them to request refunds.

Soldato
Worth noting the main reason for them pulling it was more likely because CDPR blindsided Sony and told customers to ask Sony for a refund. Sony aren't taking a stand against ******, broken games by any means.

I foresaw the release being a disappointment for many given how stupidly hyped up it was, this is beyond my wildest imagination though :D.

Caporegime
Worth noting the main reason for them pulling it was more likely because CDPR blindsided Sony and told customers to ask Sony for a refund. Sony aren't taking a stand against ******, broken games by any means.

I foresaw the release being a disappointment for many given how stupidly hyped up it was, this is beyond my wildest imagination though :D.

The hype was ridiculous, how everyone fell for it was crazy. Even with it running OK, it's broken and yet people still defend it hard. Crazy.

Soldato
Requested a refund. Gonna grab Tsushima instead.

I’ll probably repurchase CP in a year or two when it’s not crashing every 30 or so minutes.

Associate
As other posters already mentioned Sony have completely pulled it whereas Xbox hasn't likely yet mostly due to corporate embarrassment and also to teach CD Projekt a lesson about telling Sony customers to ask for refunds.

That recent press release where CDProjekt admits culpability also mentions PSN and Playstation in the refund process almost making them fellow guilty parties. To a Japanese company like Sony this is equivalent to losing face extremely publicly when they've trusted that CDProjekt would deliver at the last minute. So I'm not that surprised they took such drastic measures. A few weeks earlier CDProjekt press releases brazenly stated it ran well on the last gen consoles.

2077 was arguably the most important title for both Xbox and Sony's last AND new gen consoles, in a time when people are desperate for games with more time at home than ever before. Millions of lost sales now prior to Xmas, not a great situation for either party.

Caporegime
Requested a refund. Gonna grab Tsushima instead.

I’ll probably repurchase CP in a year or two when it’s not crashing every 30 or so minutes.

Tsushima is excellent from what i've played of it so far, good choice.

Looks and plays absolutely glorious even without any next gen update.

Soldato
Tsushima is excellent from what i've played of it so far, good choice.

Looks and plays absolutely glorious even without any next gen update.
Ah that’s good to hear. I’m not usually into games like this.. but it just looks so good. (I’m crap at dark souls, so I hope it isn’t too difficult)

hopefully Sony credit my account so I can grab it ! :D

Associate
Ah that’s good to hear. I’m not usually into games like this.. but it just looks so good. (I’m crap at dark souls, so I hope it isn’t too difficult)

hopefully Sony credit my account so I can grab it ! :D

I'm crap at games like this normally too - but enjoying this game quite a lot and don't find it particularly difficult. Some stunning graphics at times.

Back
Top Bottom