Sorry, but when exactly did this become acceptable?

Associate
To be fair the add isn't glorifying obesity it's just aimed at obese women. Not sure there is anything wrong with that, they do have to be clothed after all.

IMO it's enabling it. This isn't the first major retailer to specifically target fat people, sorry my bad, overweight people.

Caporegime
IMO it's enabling it. This isn't the first major retailer to specifically target fat people, sorry my bad, overweight people.

So you want fat people to go naked as some bizarre way to force them to lose weight?
It would be pretty unacceptable if fat people went around naked. Letting fat people buy clothes is not enabling them to be fat

Soldato
Funny how it's usually about how women look, and rarely about how men look.

But then, we live in a world where James Corden is thought of as sexy by quite a few ladies, so I suppose there's not so much for us to live up to.

James Corden, is sexy to many women. Because he is funny and has a big wallet. As long as a man looks better than a monkey, isn't beta and has at least one good bonus (funny, money ect) he can get any woman he wants.

Soldato
So you want fat people to go naked as some bizarre way to force them to lose weight?
It would be pretty unacceptable if fat people went around naked. Letting fat people buy clothes is not enabling them to be fat

They could wear, like, old bed sheets or a 50" TV box or something. Duvet cover conversion would be pretty quick: couple of arm holes and a neck and you could have a pretty cool XXXXL Simpsons T-shirt.

Not that I'm endorsing that sort of sentiment, just rather suspect they'd find something to wear rather than waddling around in the buff.

Caporegime

Surely its the same argument as that against the "beach body ready" adverts.

That these adverts are promoting an unhealthy body type?

Soldato

The issue with that one was the insinuation that you needed a super body to be acceptable for the beach. Was a bit negative.

This advert is just selling massive clothes to fat people.

Soldato

Completely different, "beach body ready" is promoting healthy body image, being athletic is not going to cost the NHS millions of £ a year.

People should strive to achieve a healthy body, no ones going to look a trio of beached whales and thing wow wish I looked like that. Unless of course your already a whale of titanic proportions.

Soldato
The advert is normalising obesity which is wrong. What if the advert had pictures of drunks and heroin addicts? Same thing. It's wrong.

I do agree to a certain degree. Sure, all people are all shapes and sizes however is it right to advertise someone who is medically a time bomb and a cost to the NHS.
Shouldn't there be another message behind it stating that as long as you eat healthy and exercise we are not all the same etc? They could be triathletes but doesn't say.
I am fat and unhealthy - I know this but I'm still thinner than a lot of people. I will get fit and start eating right if I want to live longer

Caporegime

While the anti depressants can give you a sweet tooth or slow metabolism (both mine had warnings for severe weight gain and increased risk of diabeeties) they don't make you gain weight/over eat.

Gym and bulk while youre on the pills lol

Back
Top Bottom