Sovol SV08

I caved, order is in, no idea when it will arrive, website says July so maybe not too long to wait. Hopefully it'll be with the updated nozzle but chances are most stuff I'll be printing initially will be with PLA so I can hold off anything that is asking for trouble until I get one if it ships with the old one.

Bed is apparently also not the best and pretty thin
So long as it works, I can replace it with aftermarket parts if needs be but I don't see that being a necessity, the main bed issues I've been seeing are the adhesive lifting on long hot temp prints,1 the bed on the Bambu A1 is pretty thin too (not looked at the others but I doubt they are much different) but I don't see many issues with that.

I doubt I will, I suspect that the units for the UK are early models that have been sat on a boat so will not have any revisions at all, there have been a few UK people saying they have shipping notification today so hopefully mine will be done in the next few days.

Not too bothered about PETG for now in either case, will get an updated nozzle sooner or later.

Woke up to a tracking number this morning, so early next week if Yodel don't lose or destroy it over the weekend assuming it wont be delivered on a Saturday...

Arrived later afternoon today, all setup and printing now, test print after quad gantry calibration looks pretty good to me, a bit tight but nothing too bad at all.

It's pretty loud lol, though I am sat right next to it currently, I already made adjustments to the config to make the main fan chill out when it's not too hot.

XJXfjnW.jpg

Nothing major, WiFi connection was a pita, had to use ssh to get it to connect and that took a bit of searching as to how to do that as the first guide I found didn't work, Aurora tech on YouTube came to the rescue there. Everything arrived in great condition, no big construction issues though the manual is not the best, the supplied pla sample is quite stringy with the default tuning but there is not enough of it to warrant making adjustments, I'll do that when my stuff arrives on Tuesday.

All the klipper stuff is very new to me but I do like the ability to have full control.

As expected it still has the old nozzle and I'll reach out to sovol for a new one so I can safely print petg on it, until then I'll stick with pla.

good to hear.
no issues with motors etc?
i recommend to put a rubber band over toolhead.. its very prone to falling mid print :)
None that I have noticed, I need to find a better support solution for the umbilical as it's likely to get in the way of large prints when the toolhead moves to the rear right of the plate, no issues with the toolhead shroud coming loose yet either but I am definitely going to secure it with a band as I suspect it is only a matter of time.

how is that sovol sv08 behaving ? :)
Not bad, it definitely has Z-offset issues as expected but I've not had any real issues because of it yet, overhangs are a little messy but I've yet to do any real tuning to try and alleviate that. Otherwise it's been pretty solid so far. A few images (sorry, not great photos I know...) of some stuff I've been messing with:
Manual layer change when the bundles filament ran dry :)
m9yvZCV.jpg

Always wanted to try one of these city topography prints, Kansa city for no reason other than it was the first stl I found of one.
6v8Lk6Y.jpg

Approx 20cm high Deadpool bust by Eastman, came out far better than expected, am going to print a bigger one at some point.
z6K54Yz.jpg

Mando helm was an early print and came out great other than some internal overhang issues where I removed all central supports. you wouldn't know it from the outside though and I don't think it's affected the strength much if at all.
The Intercessor helm has been a PITA mainly due to my mistakes, the file separated out the mask and the helm and I should have joined them for printing to support the helm part, it would have saved a load of filament and headache from support failures due to the shape of the helm, I ended up slicing the helm in half just to reduce the print times per part and make it easier to print, looks awesome though and will look amazing once I get the glue out to replace the masking tape that is currently holding it together :)
CNhNVEj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom