Space Pirate Arena (Warehouse scale Quest FPS)

Soldato
This is the future of VR.
That's not the future its a poor implantation of what we have already had live for around a year. Don't get me wrong I love warehouse VR and think its by far the best version of VR its just I have been taking part in 4v4 warehouse Arena tournament PvP for a long time now and from what I have seen its far better then what is in this video.

Warehouse VR is not the future its been around for ages. I find it vastly Superior to small room home VR.

Soldato
They would have been better off developing the original game into a more fleshed out design as it can get boring after the umpteenth wave. What they have designed is as said not the future. To me its only for the commercial VR where you go and hire it for a party or for a 30 minute session.

Soldato
I can see groups of gamers hiring out sports halls and community halls to play this - maybe we'll get VR clubs like we did in the 8-Bit era of computer clubs.

Soldato
I can see groups of gamers hiring out sports halls and community halls to play this - maybe we'll get VR clubs like we did in the 8-Bit era of computer clubs.
Personally I do not see that happening to often as its not worth the trouble to do when there are better options. Even though I have free easy access to a sports hall just across the road from where I live its still not worthwhile as I can get a vastly superior experience by going to the already established full time VR arenas which have better equipment, better props, no messing around with configuration, no voice or wireless problems e.c.t

I know it partly depends on where you live but VR arenas are starting to appear in more locations and they offering a number of benefits over doing it yourself in a sports hall. Assuming one is in range its far better to arrange a club and meet up an VR arena.

Soldato
OP
Personally I do not see that happening to often as its not worth the trouble to do when there are better options. Even though I have free easy access to a sports hall just across the road from where I live its still not worthwhile as I can get a vastly superior experience by going to the already established full time VR arenas which have better equipment, better props, no messing around with configuration, no voice or wireless problems e.c.t

I know it partly depends on where you live but VR arenas are starting to appear in more locations and they offering a number of benefits over doing it yourself in a sports hall. Assuming one is in range its far better to arrange a club and meet up an VR arena.
Which arenas have you been to and what were the games/experiences?

Soldato
Which arenas have you been to and what were the games/experiences?
Zero Latency have I think up to 3 arenas. I did until very recently get the tram/train down every 2 weeks and had done for almost a year to enter Sol Heist although it’s not on at the moment.

Sol Heist is the name of the tournament. The game is called Sol Raiders and you can book in with friends outside of tournaments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADOEuzyYstc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxy8s13m4iY (not the UK arena)

I find the experience so much better then home VR or the video above due to the open space where you can run around, large number of supported players, the props and the way its all setup and just works.

They also do a batch PvE group based games from Zombies to Robots. The PvE games dont tend to allow running. All the Zombie games are fun. The Space Robot game had a great environment but the combat let it down.

https://www.zlvr.co.uk/book-tickets/

Associate
An alternative is church or community halls. Also near me is a floodlit outdoor sports court. At dusk that'd be ideal, but you need people keeping watch so you don't get mugged/harrassed so a private hire of a hall is the best idea.
All good ideas and yes definitely have someone else with you, that is key! I like the sports court idea especially

Associate
This looks geuninley freaking epic, sad part is i have no friends with a vr headset and i'll look like a tool playing on my own on an outdoor court and wouldn't feel safe not knowing who's around lol

Soldato
This looks geuninley freaking epic, sad part is i have no friends with a vr headset and i'll look like a tool playing on my own on an outdoor court and wouldn't feel safe not knowing who's around lol

Yeah you definitely need a chaperone if playing on your own, or a secure private hire room like an indoor sports hall or community hall.

Back
Top Bottom