Space-saving: New PC build or gaming laptop?

Associate
OP
hmm obviously good it doesn't set on fire anymore but i feel coming off the back of that video that i'd be best buying a case and all other components separately?

therefore, did we decide that i'd have to get a smaller form factor PSU to fit the arctic AIO in the Q58 or was it that it just won't fit regardless?

:)

Associate
hmm obviously good it doesn't set on fire anymore but i feel coming off the back of that video that i'd be best buying a case and all other components separately?

therefore, did we decide that i'd have to get a smaller form factor PSU to fit the arctic AIO in the Q58 or was it that it just won't fit regardless?

:)

it won’t fit. It’s too thick. In the L X W X H dimensions field, it’s too thick in the Height field.

it can easily handle the 280mm part and the width part, it’s when the radiator pushes too close to the other components for the tubes to bend properly.

I saw a build with the Kraken X63 AIO that fitted in nicely so get that rather.

Associate
thanks everyone for your help and suggestions! incredibly thankful.
Any standard 240mm or 280mm will do
My basket at OcUK:
Total: £118.69 (includes delivery: £8.70)

Lian li own aio on offer atm too
Go for one you like the look of, most likely rad is all made same place.. Check warranty, some have 1 yrs, others 5/6 year. Sl fans link together so only have 1 rgb and 1 pwn cable to deal with

Associate
I've built a couple of SFF systems in the NR200 (mesh panel) recently, both Ryzen 5900X - one water cooled (Arctic 280mm) and one air (Notcua NH-U12A). The AIO was pretty tight, but it went together well generally.

Associate
OP
hello all, uppage time.

i didn't end up getting this, nor a laptop, but it's come to the time where i actually am more comfortably able to buy!

so, in the few months that have passed, should i be looking at anything new, or are the suggestions from earlier in the thread still as pertinent as before?

Associate
Well, having a quick look at thread, prices have come down a lot so with your original budget of £1700, you'll be up in 3080 12gb territory now for your build rather than 3070ti. you've waited 3 months..wait another and you're in 13th gen intel and AMD AM5 platform etc, plus new gpu's

Associate
that was more for the laptop rather than a pc!

i will be looking to upgrade cpu and gpu later in the year when the new stuff drops. this is more of a space saving exercise, for a mini-itx build :)
well, nothing really changed then..some of those cases listed earlier are all new and not really seen anything else...would say prices for mobo's seem to be creeping up, but stuff fluctuates a little anyway

Associate
@JollyJamma will be best to ask as he has a Q58. He'll read thread and sure he'll answer later...otherwise if you like the ram, the SL version is low profile so 44.8mm rather than 51mm

*Sheepishly looks at feet in embarrassment* I haven't installed my rig in it yet. Been using my PC as an open bench on a box.

Pretty sure it'll fit though. The cooler clearance is 67mm so unless your RAM is on stilts, you should be fine.

CPU COOLER CLEARANCEMax 67mm

Associate
*Sheepishly looks at feet in embarrassment* I haven't installed my rig in it yet. Been using my PC as an open bench on a box.

Pretty sure it'll fit though. The cooler clearance is 67mm so unless your RAM is on stilts, you should be fine.

CPU COOLER CLEARANCEMax 67mm
:cry::cry: Dont worry, you were smart enough to trade your 3060ti for a 3080 and make money/cover your costs:)...nice

Back
Top Bottom