Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2022, Barcelona - Race 6

Rate the 2021 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I would like to see if thats the case on other tracks. Not sure if this track is favouring them in that aspect.
To be fair, it was not as bad here, as it was in Bahrain during pre season testing, so I think you are right, this track favours Mercs.

Soldato
And yet nobody cared when Bottas was Hamilton’s number 2, shock horror on OCUK for another weekdnd!

Bottas and Hamilton competed many times. I think the one time that was unfair was when Bottas made it clear by only letting Hamilton past in the last lap.

Associate
To be fair, it was not as bad here, as it was in Bahrain during pre season testing, so I think you are right, this track favours Mercs.
I do hope they have permanently fixed it but it wouldn't be surprising if the problem recurs with their future upgrades (as upgrades might have been designed with the original design as the baseline - my assumption could be wrong).

Caporegime
I do hope they have permanently fixed it but it wouldn't be surprising if the problem recurs with their future upgrades (as upgrades might have been designed with the original design as the baseline - my assumption could be wrong).

No it doesn't work like that.

Yes sometimes designs are started early, and when some other parts come on stream, and work really well, other parts are either dumped if it is obvious they will not work well with existing parts, or redesigned to work with existing parts.

So future upgrades extremely rarely prove to be a backward step due to incompatibility with previous upgrades.

Main thing is, I would be massively surprised if these upgrades, prove to have completely eliminated porpoiseing on all tracks.

Not that we will tell for a while, as next race is Monaco, so no one will have porpoiseing as they will not be going fast enough.

Larger bumps as gound there in the track will be more worrisome for the underfloor and ground effect.

Man of Honour
Russell pit radio - And that's P3. You fought like a lion. Top drive today.

Russell - Great job guys. I drove my heart out there.

Pit - Strat 1

Russell - Sorry we didn't have the pace. I gave everything.

Toto - George. Well done. Amazing driving and defending.

Russell - Thanks Toto. Good team effort. Great work over these past couple of weeks. Let's keep going.

James - Just adding to it George. Really, really solid drive today. Really solid defending. Great work.

Soldato
And yet nobody cared when Bottas was Hamilton’s number 2, shock horror on OCUK for another weekdnd!
Yeh usual biases coming out.
At the end of the day Perez can't really talk, hes rarely outqualified Max, and certainly way off pace for most races. He might he been quick today but he knows deep down he's just not as good.

He will still be signing that contract in the summer regardless...unless he wants to move to a team that won't offer him any podiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom