Speaker system for XBox 360 - suggestions?

Soldato
Anyone have any recommendations? I'm not willing to pay an arm and a leg for it but surely there's some nice tried and tested ones out there that OCUKers are using?

TV is fine but some nights I just want to FEEL the hits in Fight Night 3 and get a head ache from my TVR Sagaris in TDU :D

Soldato
Kami said:
TV is fine but some nights I just want to FEEL the hits in Fight Night 3 and get a head ache from my TVR Sagaris in TDU :D

You can pay me and I'll come round and punch you at the correct times. Benefits of me is I am wireless and can be positioned anywhere.

Soldato
OP
Snow-Munki said:
how much are you willing to spend ?

As my 360 is connected to my cambridge audio amp and Canton speakers but cost about £500 :p

£100-£200 not really much more unless they're AMAZING speakers which are wireless and come with a free page 3 model :p

Nismo said:
You can pay me and I'll come round and punch you at the correct times. Benefits of me is I am wireless and can be positioned anywhere.

No thanks, although being wireless I did have to give it careful consideration ;)

Man of Honour
If I were buying a speaker system for a 360, along with use for other stuff, I'd have to go for a 5.1 system with full Dolby Digital and DTS support via optical cable. £150 will get you:
Logitech Z-5400 THX® Certified 5.1 310 Watts Speakers - Retail (SP-035-LG)

Associate
DaveyD said:
If I were buying a speaker system for a 360, along with use for other stuff, I'd have to go for a 5.1 system with full Dolby Digital and DTS support via optical cable. £150 will get you:
Agreed on that. It's a shame though that OCUK charge £24.95 carriage on these! :(

Soldato
Nismo said:

LOL

I'm also looking to invest in a good but cheap 5.1 set up for the lounge. I was under the impression the Logitech set was good for a PC intimate set-up but not really suitable for a main room tv.

When I've looked in Comet etc. they all seem to have integrated DVD players which I'm not really interested in.

Does anyone have a seperate amp / speaker set-up for c.£300 or should I really be paying more. It also has to look reasonably good.

Man of Honour
Have a look on Richer Sounds or something similar, try the AV section of these forums or www.avforums.com for a better idea, as I'm not up to scratch on what you can get these days. If I was spending excess of £3-400 I'd be going for amp and proper hifi speakers.

I'm annoyed I've not been able to use my 360 on our reasonably expensive speaker / amp setup, as our HDTV is in the wrong room for it, but ah well, will try it one day.

Soldato
I have some serious hardcore home theatre speakers I'm looking to sell. Probably a little more than you're willing to pay, plus you'd still need an amp.

Caporegime
Kami said:
£100-£200 not really much more unless they're AMAZING speakers which are wireless and come with a free page 3 model :p
Pay the extra and get the Logitech z-5500 speakers. They are excellent, my mate bought some just for his 360 and it's worth every penny. It has plenty of inputs for other devices too.

Can't recommend them enough.

Caporegime
smcshaw said:
Does anyone have a seperate amp / speaker set-up for c.£300 or should I really be paying more. It also has to look reasonably good.
The AMP I use was £550 alone :p. It depends what you want to use it for? If it's for home theatre then £300 won't be enough for the lot. If it's just for games then go for the Logitech z500's.

Caporegime
DaveyD said:

Yes thats what I have and they are plenty good enough, I have to turn the bass down though. I got mine for about £135 delivered.

Associate
I'm looking for a decent 2.1 setup solely for my 360 (dont want 5.1 as I dont have room for surround speakers). Can anyone recommend the Logitech® Z-2300's for use with a 360? Spec/price wise they seem decent enough, and the satellites seem the right height to sit infront of my 26" Samsung HDTV (im limited on desk space!). Or are there far better 2.1 systems for the cash? Ta.

Soldato
Im using Creative Inspire GD580's and switch between PC and 360 and they're good imo.

Single player games i use Sennheiser HD555 headphones.

If i was buying now though, I'd get Logitech Z-5400

Man of Honour
dlittley said:
I'm looking for a decent 2.1 setup solely for my 360 (dont want 5.1 as I dont have room for surround speakers). Can anyone recommend the Logitech® Z-2300's for use with a 360? Spec/price wise they seem decent enough, and the satellites seem the right height to sit infront of my 26" Samsung HDTV (im limited on desk space!). Or are there far better 2.1 systems for the cash? Ta.
I have the Logitech Z-2300's, they're great, glad I went for a decent pair of 2.1 PC speakers rather than a 5.1 PC speaker sertup of the same price. Not sure how well they'll be for bigger room viewing, but they're certainly good for sitting infront close to.

Associate
DaveyD said:
I have the Logitech Z-2300's, they're great, glad I went for a decent pair of 2.1 PC speakers rather than a 5.1 PC speaker sertup of the same price. Not sure how well they'll be for bigger room viewing, but they're certainly good for sitting infront close to.

Cool thanks for the quick response. Do they sound powerful? You know, decent kick and if you turn them up they put a smile on your face? I'm just after really good sound quality that my Samsung TV speakers simply cant output. Decent bass/treble reproduction?

Man of Honour
The bass is pretty strong, enough for me anyway, high fequency stuff isn't the best obviously as they're only PC speakers, but they are very good for movies and games.

Back
Top Bottom