Speaker Upgrade (from antique Logitech 5.1)

Soldato
Got mine Edifier from an authorized dealer, 239, but 10% off first order. Close to 200 pounds, free delivery, was a good price.
Was returns pretty simple on your first set? Im swaying more towards the Edifiers but i do like the Presonus for its upgradability if i needed to in the future.

Associate
Quite easy. Few tests required to rule out simple issues, but once confirmed it was a RMA, a new one was sent. Only took few extra days because they didn't have the black ones in stock, so I ended up getting the regular wooden finish ones no issues. The remote looks nicer on the wooden one

Associate
Looking at their site now and i can't see the Speakers in their shop, just headphones, earbuds and some gamer style headsets.
Trying to go as close to the line as possible, without crossing and being banned. Dealer, not manufacturer. Ended up getting from them as the new was the same price as the B-grade here and the new ones here where out of stock.
No issues buying B-grade, but won't on speaker, headphone or very expensive stuff as the warranty is shorter.
Based in Bolton, but not the one who sells PC stuff. Only speakers.

Soldato
Trying to go as close to the line as possible, without crossing and being banned. Dealer, not manufacturer. Ended up getting from them as the new was the same price as the B-grade here and the new ones here where out of stock.
No issues buying B-grade, but won't on speaker, headphone or very expensive stuff as the warranty is shorter.
Based in Bolton, but not the one who sells PC stuff. Only speakers.
I found it, jeez that took some searching! lol

Associate
No problem. Glad to help.
My personal experience with the Edifier is that 0the sound is rich and detailed. I'm not an expert, but is a very pleasant set.
As I live in a mid terrace, hard flooring, never get to push it too loud, only at certain point when both neighbors are out. :D
Even at modest volume, the bass is present.
In the past, a Sony soundbar required to be loud to play some bass, and I'm not bass-crazy. But the soundbar sounded more like a smartphone on steroids. Louder but no bass.
Listening every kind of music and still very pleasant.
For games and movies even better.

Soldato
No problem. Glad to help.
My personal experience with the Edifier is that 0the sound is rich and detailed. I'm not an expert, but is a very pleasant set.
As I live in a mid terrace, hard flooring, never get to push it too loud, only at certain point when both neighbors are out. :D
Even at modest volume, the bass is present.
In the past, a Sony soundbar required to be loud to play some bass, and I'm not bass-crazy. But the soundbar sounded more like a smartphone on steroids. Louder but no bass.
Listening every kind of music and still very pleasant.
For games and movies even better.
Can't wait, really looking forward to trying these out! I ended up getting a B grade btw, Nik got back to me on my offer and i basically got over a £100 off the retail price! I can put these through its paces and see if there's any issues as there's a 2 week return hassle free period.

I haven't had a decent set of a speakers ever if im honest... I've had all sorts of "gaming" speakers, stretching from the older Z506, T40ii, Creative sound blaster X soundbar which died after 4 days of use and now these Logitech G560 which with the firmware update has had issues randomly disconnecting. I tried a clean install on another system and they work perfectly fine so its something up with the communication between Ghub and the firmware or something else on my system that causes a conflict.

I'm expecting an improvement in sound quality with the S350's.

Associate
Using the Creative G6, more because of my headphones than the speakers.
The only issue is my Asus X570-F, the optical is hit and miss, and a pain to get it working properly.
Sometimes installing one driver works, the other time the other driver is the one which works.
But the G6 helps, as I wanted the feature of switching from speakers to headphone without manually selecting it every time, and despite the motherboard allowing it, the headphone sounded like a 5 quid bit with it, and the speakers are slightly worse using the 3.5 jack.
Using the optical would require to manually switch when using the headphone, as 50% of the time, plugging the headphone would mute the speakers but won't play anything over the headphone.
That was my last attempt with onboard sound, unless I decide to ever use very basic speakers and headphones.
The G6 isn't cheap, but considering how great it is, it's reasonable priced.
Before that I tried an internal Sound Blaster Z, which, despite being able to push my headphone, suffered of interference from my GPU at the time (3090).

Back
Top Bottom